Warning & Disclaimer: This medicine contains metal content. Ayur Times does not recommend the use of this medicine. Read More
Note: It is not beneficial in case of irritable bowel syndrome in which the patient has mucus content in the stool. According to
Know More about Ama:Ama in Ayurveda.
1 tablet (65 mg) of Agasti Sutraj Ras contains:
|Shuddha Parad – Purified Mercury||1 part|
|Shuddha Gandhak – Purified Sulfur||1 part|
|Shuddha Hingula – Purified Cinnabar||1 part|
|Shuddha Datura Beej – Purified Datura metel seeds||2 parts|
|Shuddha Ahiphena – Papaver somniferum||2 parts|
|Processed in Bhringraj Svarasa – Eclipta alba Juice||Q.S.|
Agasti Sutraj Ras has the following main synergetic medicinal properties:
- Potent Analgesic.
Other Medicinal Actions
Based on the ingredient, it also acts as:
- Soporific (Sleep inducing).
- Reduces peristaltic movement (due to Datura metel).
Agasti Sutraj Ras is indicated in the following health conditions:
- Renal colic.
- Biliary colic.
- Severe diarrhea.
- Abdominal pain associated with diarrhea.
Agasti Sutraj Ras Benefits & Uses
Agasti Sutraj Ras has following benefits:
- Reduces frequency of loose stools in severe diarrhea and watery stools in cholera. It further prevents vomiting in cholera.
- Alleviates pain in renal colic and biliary colic.
- Reduces abdominal cramps associated with severe diarrhea.
- Increases appetite and improves digestion.
Agasti Sutraj Ras Dosage
The dosage of Agasti
|Adults||1 to 2 tablets (65 to 125 mg)|
How to Take
|Medication Frequency||2 to 3 times or a maximum 4 times a day.|
|When to Take||After meal or whenever patient require it to stop pain.|
The best suitable Adjuvants for Agasti Sutraj Ras according to diseases are as follows:
|Dysentery||Cow ghee and black pepper powder|
|Cholera||Cumin and nutmeg powder|
|Vomiting, stomach ache, insomnia, low digestive fire||Honey and trikatu powder|
Agasti Sutraj Ras should be used under the supervision of an ayurvedic physician. Its unsupervised use can be unsafe.
Side Effects of Agasti Sutraj Ras
It can cause the following side effects:
- Constipation (if used unwisely).
- Dryness in mouth.
- Excessive sleeping.
- Depression (if used on long-term basis).
- Diarrhea with excess mucus content.
- Diarrhea with burning sensation.
- Kidney failure.