Almond cake is a very popular cake made with sugar, butter, ground almonds, almond essence and flour. You can garnish it with whole almonds. There are different varieties of almond cake that are found like Walnut almond cake, Coconut almond cake, etc. People all over the world, especially in the USA, China love almond cake. It is necessary for them on special occasions. It is also referred to as ‘Heavenly Cake’ because of its delicious taste.
The recipe for making an almond cake is quite simple and can be made easily.
The ingredients required for making an almond cake are:
- Sugar: ¾ cup sugar would be perfect
- Almond Paste: 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon of almond paste would suit the taste
- Almond extract: 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Sweet Butter: 2 sticks of sweet butter
- Eggs: 3 eggs would be fine
- Cake flour: 1 cup of cake flour to mix
- Baking powder: 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- Salt: ½ teaspoon of salt, which may vary according to taste
How to make almond cake
After you have gathered all the ingredients, you are ready to make the cake. So, the directions for making the almond cake are as follows:
- First, preheat the oven to around 350 degrees Fahrenheit, while the eggs and butter are kept at room temperature. Take 7-8 inches round pan and butter it and the bottom of it is lined with buttered parchment paper.
- Now, blend the sugar and almond paste in the food processor, transfer the blend to a bowl, and beat the butter and almond extract at a relatively medium speed for about 2-3 minutes until they are fluffy. Then put the eggs into it one at a time.
- Then take another bowl and start to mix the flour, baking powder and the salt with a spoon or a fork and fold it into the almond mixture.
- Start to bake for like 40 minutes while you rotate the pan 180 degrees. Make sure the top is firm and golden. Now, allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes, invert and gently move the parchment. Then allow it to cool itself.
- Your almond cake is ready to be served. Slice it horizontally and decorate it with jam and other desired delicacies.
There are certain benefits of almonds, which will be culminated into your body while you make an almond cake. Some of the benefits are:
- They have vitamin-B, which can be a great stress-buster
- It has vitamin-E that can boost your immune system
- They are also beneficial for our heart, arteries, bones and brain
The recipe for making an almond cake as described above is not a hard work and can be made with minimal effort. Almond cake does not have any harmful effects, so it can be taken without any precautionary measure. It is a favorite dish enjoyed by people all over the world and no news has been reported against almond cakes causing any drastic effect in our body. People cherish it and it continues to be a very alluring piece of cake that connects hearts. Almond cakes are especially served on special occasions like Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, but it is also a favorite at house parties, anniversaries and social gathering.