Scientific name of beetroot is beta vulgaris, its common names are common beet, garden beet or table beets. It belongs to the family of chenopodiaceae. The origin of beetroot is Europe and Asia Minor. This is used since 3rd century AD onwards and it is used for medicinal purposes. It is regarded as the laxative, treated for headaches, coughs, bad breath and for aphrodisiac.
It contains soluble fiber, powerful antioxidants, proteins and carbohydrates. It also contains iron, folic acid, minerals like potassium and magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin B6.
Benefits of beetroot as Home Remedy
- It helps for reducing blood pressure and risks that are associated like strokes and heart attacks. This causes because of rich content of nitrates. Beetroot produces gas that is known as nitric oxide; it reduces blood pressure and widens the blood vessels. Daily 250 ml beetroot juice should be taken for reducing blood pressure and other associated risks.
- The juice of beetroot contains phenolic compounds and antioxidant that treats free radical repair. Forget all the creams for wrinkles, just take juice of beetroot in the daily regimen for maintaining youthful vigor.
- This juice is very useful for obese people. It gives positive result on metabolism. Consuming this juice promotes loss of weight as a part of lifestyle plan and for healthy diet.
- It contains more minerals. It is essential to everyone to maintain good health along with calcium. It is needed for the skeletal system health as well as decrease the risk of bone death.
- Folic acid is important for the growth of tissues. It is present in beetroot. It is necessary for the fetus spinal cord development at the time of first trimester of pregnancy and it prevents to defect in the spinal cord. Example includes spina bifida, meningomyelocele and meningocele. It contains more iron and is useful for pregnant women to relief from fatigue and anemia. It should be remembered that pregnant women should eat raw beetroot than cooked beetroot. Cooked beetroot lowers the folic acid level. This is that reason that pregnant mother should eat in the raw form.
- The juice of beet helps to improve structure of blood circulation and to treat any problems in circulatory systems, digestive systems and large intestine. It also destroys stones in the bladder, kidney as well as liver. It is the natural treatment for any kind of painful situations.