Bhringraj Powder is a fine powder of dried Bhringraj plant. It includes all parts of Bhringraj plant including roots, stem, leaves, and flowers. Therefore, it is a natural form of Bhringraj and safe to consume for a longer period. It is used for medicinal purposes in ayurveda. It benefits in hair growth, liver disorders, high cholesterol level, etc. It is a well-known home remedy for hair growth and liver disorders.
It has a long history of its clinical uses in ayurvedic medicine and folk remedies. It promotes hair growth, prevents hair fall, detoxifies the blood, improves skin health and boosts liver functions. It is good for eyes and improves eyesight.
Benefits and Uses of Bhringraj Powder
- Bhringraj power has hepatoprotective properties. It benefits to improve liver functions, reduces accumulated fat from the liver, and improves metabolism.
- It also acts on the stomach and detoxifies Pitta (gastric juices) and improves digestion.
- It encourages hair growth and prevents premature graying of hairs. Generally, Bhringraj Oil is applied to the scalp for this purposes on regular basis. In addition to oil, one can also apply the Bhringraj paste to the scalp for hair discoloration treatment. Generally, for this 1 part of Bhringraj Powder and 1 Part of Jatamansi Powder and 1 part of Amla powder are mixed together. And then mixed with water to make a paste. This paste is applied to the scalp to blackening hair.
- It is also used to treat whitening of hair. Along with Triphala Powder, it is given to restore the natural color of hair. This remedy is recommended for 3 months.
- It also aids in skin diseases. It detoxified the blood and improves skin health. In Ayurveda, it reduces Ama and prevents several diseases. It makes skin vibrant, younger and healthier. It also boosts wound healing process.
- In a headache and migraine, it is given with goat’s milk. In addition to it, its juice and goat’s milk is instilled in the nose to reduce severe pain occurring in a migraine.
- It reduces symptoms of hyperacidity and GERD. It reduces burning sensation, heartburn, sour belching, indigestion, and In this case, it is given along with Haritaki Powder and jaggery.
- It is a rejuvenating medicine in ayurveda, which means it helps to delay aging, prevent diseases and restoring energy in the body. In the form of Rasayana (rejuvenation), it also increases memory, intelligence, and digestive health. For rejuvenation purposes, it is taken with cow’s ghee and brown sugar.
- It is also a good remedy for chronic fever characterized by low-grade fever, fatigue, and In some cases of chronic fever, the patient develops splenomegaly (spleen enlargement) and liver functions get disturbed. It reduces inflammation in the spleen and liver. Thereby, it restores their natural functions.
- Its powder is used along with honey in a productive It helps in easier expectoration of mucus and sputum accumulated in the lungs and airways. Thus, it helps to provide relief from a cough and chest congestion. It further prevents mucus formation and regulates respiratory functions. It also provides relief from breathing troubles occurring due to the accumulation of excess mucus in the airways.
- Bhringraj powder improves eyesight. In ayurveda, it is used along with Saptamrit Lauh or Amla and Yashtimadhu Churna. (Also Read: How to Improve Eyesight Naturally)
Further Readings on Bhringraj
- For detailed benefits and uses, read: Bhringraj Benefits and Uses
- Find Dosage Here: Bhringraj Powder Dosage