Bhringrajasava Ingredients, Benefits, Uses, Dosage & Side Effects
Bhringrajasava improves appetite acting on the stomach and liver. It improves liver functions and increases metabolic rate. It provides nourishment and strength to the body. It is useful in cases of emaciation, loss of appetite and cough (five types of a cough as per ayurveda). It prevents recurrence of the common cold and persistent cough. It improves libido and increases stamina and overall strength. It also improves the glow of the skin. Its regular and long-term use can help in premature whitening of hair. It can help to restore the black color of hair.
|Bhringraj – Eclipta Alba Juice||2460 Parts|
|Gur – Jaggery||1000 Parts|
|Haritaki or Harar (Chebulic Myrobalan) – Terminalia Chebula||40 Parts|
|Pippali (Long Pepper) – Piper Longum||10 Parts|
|Jaiphal (Nutmeg) – Myristica Fragrans||10 Parts|
|Laung (Clove) – Syzygium Aromaticum||10 Parts|
|Dalchini (Cinnamon) – Cinnamomum Zeylanicum||10 Parts|
|Elachi (Green cardamom) – Elettaria Cardamomum||10 Parts|
|Tejpata (Indian Bay Leaf) – Cinnamomum Tamala||10 Parts|
|Nagkesar – Mesua Ferrea||10 Parts|
- Take Bhringraj Juice in Ghee coated Asava Vessel. Dissolve Jaggery in it and add Haritaki powder.
- Now, leave the mixture for 15 days in Asava place for fermentation.
- After 15 days, re-open the Asava Vessel and add other ingredients. Mix them well.
- Again, leave the mixture for another 15 days.
- Now, filter the liquid (Bhringrajasava) and preserve it in food-grade bottles.
Bhringrajasava has following medicinal properties:
- Aam Pachak (Detoxifier)
- Digestive stimulant
- Cholagogue (promotes the discharge of bile)
- Depurative (purifies blood)
- Hair growth stimulant
- Uterine detoxifier
- Ovarian stimulant – stimulate ovulation
- Emmenagogue – induces menstruation
- Libido booster
The main action of Bhringrajasava is observed on Vata Dosha and Kapha Dosha. It detoxifies the Pitta Dosha, but it can increase Pitta Dosha. It also improves bile flow from the liver and gall bladder.
Bhringrajasava is helpful in following health conditions.
- Cough – Five types of a cough as per ayurveda
- Loss of libido
- Female infertility
- Recurrent common cold or flu
- Loss of strength
- Loss of appetite
- Eye diseases
- Impotence (long-term use is beneficial)
- Hair loss
- Hair fall
- Premature whitening of hair
|The general dosage of Bhringrajasava is as follows.|
|Children (above the age of 5 years)||1 to 2.5 ml|
|Adults||6 to 15 ml|
|Maximum Possible Dosage||30 ml Per Day (in divided doses)|
|Doses: Twice a day with equal amount of water|
|Best Time to Take: After Food|
Bhringrajasava is considerably safe for most individuals when taken as per its indications in appropriate dosage under professional supervision.
Side Effects of Bhringrajasava
There are no side effects reported with Bhringrajasava.
There are no absolute contraindications for Bhringrajasava.
Pregnancy & Lactation
The safety profile of Bhringrajasava is not well established for pregnant women and lactating mothers. Consult an ayurvedic physician before using Bhringrajasava during pregnancy and lactation.