Bilvasava Ingredients, Benefits, Uses, Dosage & Side Effects
Bilvasava has antidiarrheal and astringent actions. It gives strength to the intestines and improves digestion. So, it is used to treat chronic diarrhea, weak intestines, malabsorption syndrome, irritable bowel disease, dysentery indigestion occurring due to Ama (toxins) accumulation.
|Bilva (Indian Bael) – Aegle Marmelos fruit pulp||1000 Parts|
|Gur – Jaggery||750 Parts|
|Dhataki Flowers – Woodfordia Fruticosa||100 Parts|
|Nagkesar – Mesua Ferrea||40 Parts|
|Kali Mirch (Black Pepper) – Piper Nigrum||20 Parts|
|Laung (Clove) – Syzygium Aromaticum||20 Parts|
|Karpoor (Camphor)||5 Parts|
- Take 8000 Parts water and Bilva fruit pulp. Boil and simmer it to reduce it to ¼ i.e. 2000 Parts liquid.
- Then filter the Bilva decoction. Allow to cool it.
- Mix other ingredients in Bilva decoction. Seal the mixture in Asava Vessel with special KAPADAMITTEE Method. Leave it in Asava place for 30 days.
- Filter the liquid (Bilvasava) and preserve it in food-grade bottles.
Bilvasava has following medicinal properties:
- Provides nourishment and strength to the intestines
- Detoxifying (reduces Aam formation)
Bilvasava is helpful in following health conditions.
- Chronic diarrhea
- Weak intestines
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Irritable bowel disease
- Indigestion occurring due to accumulation of Ama Dosha
|The general dosage of Bilvasava is as follows.|
|Children (above the age of 5 years)||2.5 to 10 ml|
|Adults||10 to 30 ml|
|Maximum Possible Dosage||60 ml Per Day (in divided doses)|
|Doses: Twice a day with equal amount of water|
|Best Time to Take: After Food|
Bilvasava is considerably safe for most individuals.
Side Effects of Bilvasava
There are no side effects reported with Bilvasava.
There are no absolute contraindications for Bilvasava.
Pregnancy & Lactation
The safety profile of Bilvasava is not well established for pregnant women and lactating mothers. Consult an ayurvedic physician before using Bilvasava during pregnancy and lactation.