Brahmi Tone improves memory and cognitive functions. It contains memory booster herbs and some herbs that protect the brain cells from any kind of damage. People suffering from dementia and other neurological degenerative disorders can take Brahmi Tone along with conventional medicines after consulting an Ayurvedic physician or herbalist. All herbs present in Brahmi Tone are generally brain tonics and they also have adaptogenic effects in the body.
- Dementia (Decline cognitive functions and memory loss)
- Mental Fatigue
- Nervous exhaustion
- Memory Loss due to unknown cause
- ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
- Cerebral insufficiency
- Intermittent claudication
- Brahmi Tone improves concentration and mood.
- It improves mental and cognitive performance.
- It reduces the effects of day-to-day mental stress on the brain, heart and overall health.
- It also boosts the learning ability of children.
- It improves brain retention power.
- It increases alertness.
Ingredients of brahmi tone are listed here-under:
|Common Name||Latin Name|
|Gotu kola||Centella asiatica|
Bacopa monnieri, Withania somnifera, Ginkgo biloba and Centella asiatica are four powerful adaptogen. Adaptogens are natural herbal compounds that cope with stress in the body. Bacopa monnieri includes bacopasides, which are excellent anti-depressants. Withanolides are present in Withania somnifera, an Ayurvedic herbal medicine. They have regenerative properties and fight off the stress. Ginkgolides present in Ginkgo helps to cope with mental diseases and depression. Each herb has capability to repair, protect and enhance the nervous functions. These herbs make Brahmi Tone a great Neuro-tonic.
Other ingredients of Brahmi Tone provide the nutritional support to the brain. Vitamin E, B12 and folate are helpful in all neurological conditions and provide relief from stress, especially stress associated with work and study. These ingredients also make capable Brahmi tone to improve the person’s stamina and endurance. The combination of herbs and nutrients in the Brahmi Tone also improves the peripheral circulation in the body.
In children: 1/2 to 1 tablet twice a day or 1 to 2 tablets daily.
In adults: 1 to 2 tablets twice a day or 2-4 tablets daily.
The side effects are not reported in the majority of cases, but it may cause some mild headache and dizziness.
Contraindications & Interactions
- Bleeding disorders
- Along with Ibuprofen, Anticoagulant & Anti-platelet drugs and Warfarin
- Roodenrys S, Booth D, Bulzomi S, Phipps A, Micallef C, Smoker J. Chronic effects of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) on human memory. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2002 Aug;27(2):279-81. PubMed PMID: 12093601.
- Xu Y, Cao Z, Khan I, Luo Y. Gotu Kola (Centella Asiatica) extract enhances phosphorylation of cyclic AMP response element binding protein in neuroblastoma cells expressing amyloid beta peptide. J Alzheimers Dis. 2008 Apr;13(3):341-9. PubMed PMID: 18431001.
- Mishra LC, Singh BB, Dagenais S. Scientific basis for the therapeutic use of Withania somnifera (ashwagandha): a review. Altern Med Rev. 2000 Aug;5(4):334-46. Review. PubMed PMID: 10956379.
- Wesnes KA, Ward T, McGinty A, Petrini O. The memory enhancing effects of a Ginkgo biloba/Panax ginseng combination in healthy middle-aged volunteers. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2000 Nov;152(4):353-61. PubMed PMID: 11140327.