Cumin Coriander Fennel tea is prepared using three ingredients as in name. These three ingredients have similar effects in weight loss, acidity, gas, flatulence and heartburn.
How to make cumin coriander fennel tea
You can make this tea using following method.
- Take 1 teaspoon of cumin, coriander and fennel seeds.
- Crush them to make powder and soak this powder in two cups of warm water for at least one hour.
- Now, boil the water with these three ingredients and simmer for 15 to 30 minutes. Do not forget to cover the pan while simmering the mixture.
- You can now decant the liquid to a glass of cup.
- Allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now, add one teaspoon of honey or sugar and drink this warm tea.
If you are making this tea for weight loss, then we suggest not adding sugar or honey. It will remain in low calories and you enhance your metabolism.
Cumin coriander fennel tea benefits
This tea helps in losing weight, getting rid of gas and other abdominal problems.
This tea is beneficial for improving metabolism in the body. It corrects liver functions and increases the secretion of bile, which induce a proper fat metabolism.
All three ingredients present in this tea are fat burners, so this tea also has effects to decrease the accumulated fat in the body.
Furthermore, the tea has low glycemic index, which is an additional benefit of including it in weight loss diet.
Flatulence, gas and abdominal distension
Tea prepared from cumin, coriander and fennel helps to reduce intestinal gas, so it can treat flatulence, gas and abdominal distension.
Mental agitation & violent emotional outbreaks
It helps in reducing mental agitation and violent emotional outbreaks. It calms the mind and relaxes nervous system. This effect is noticeable due to coriander and fennel seeds present in this tea.
Abdominal colic & colicky babies
It is used in babies suffering from gas, abdominal colic and acidity. It reduces acids from the stomach and prevents regurgitation of milk. It further gives relief from gas and relieves abdominal colic in babies.
Acidity, heartburn and ulcer
The ingredients present in tea work as antacid and reduce excess acids in the stomach. People suffering from these problems can include this tea in their daily schedule.
Increase breast milk
Cumin and fennel seeds are well known galactagogue. Tea containing these ingredients increases breast milk.
Cumin coriander and fennel tea has also following beneficial effects.
- It has cleansing effects in the body. You can use this remedy for herbal colon cleanse.
- Cumin in the tea helps to increase absorption of essential nutrients in the body.
- It also helps in alleviating body ache.
- It can be used to treat abdominal cramps in women during menstruation.
- It stimulates appetite, so it helps in loss of appetite and anorexia nervosa.
Cumin coriander fennel tea side effects
There are no side effects reported with the use of tea containing cumin, coriander and fennel seeds.
However, you should avoid it during pregnancy because fennel seeds may be associated with stimulating uterine contractions. It also induces menstruation, so it should not be used in excessive uterine bleeding or metrorrhagia.