Dhanwantharam Kuzhambu is ayurvedic medicine formulated for external application. It is used in Ayurvedic Massage and Ayurvedic Dhara Therapy. It is useful in the treatment of paralysis, hemiplegia, quadriplegia and physical weakness. Its massage provides strength to the muscles, ligaments, tendons and skin. Its massage is effective for relieving pain, stiffness, and inflammation of the joints. It is an effective solution for knee pain, osteoarthritis, backache, and spondylosis.
Dhanwantharam Kuzhambu Ingredients
Dhanwantharam Kuzhambu is prepared following ingredients.
- Sesame Oil – Sesamum Indicum
- Erand Tail – Castor Oil
- Cow’s Ghee – Clarified Butter
- Sida Cordifolia – Bala (roots)
- Cow’s Milk
- Hordeum Vulgare – Yava (Barley Grain)
- Zizyphus Jujube – Kola
- Dolichos Biflorus – Kulthi (Horse Gram)
- Aegle Marmelos – Bilva (Indian Bael)
- Premna Serratifolia (Premna Mucronata & Premna Integrifolia) – Agnimantha (Arani)
- Oroxylum Indicum – Shyonaka
- Stereospermum Suaveolens – Patala
- Gmelina Arborea – Gambhari (Beech wood/Kasmari)
- Solanum Indicum – Brihati (Indian Nightshade)
- Solanum Xanthocarpum – Kantakari
- Desmodium Gangeticum – Shalaparni
- Uraria Picta – Prishnaparni
- Tribulus Terrestris – Gokshura
- Polygonatum Cirrhifolium – Meda
- Polygonatum Verticillatum – Mahameda
- Cedrus Deodara – Devdaru (Deodar Cedar or Himalayan Cedar)
- Rubia Cordifolia – Manjistha
- Fritillaria Roylei – Kakoli
- Lilium Polyphyllum – Ksheera Kakoli
- Pterocarpus Santalinus – Lal Chandan (Red Sandalwood)
- Hemidesmus Indicus – Sariva
- Saussurea Lappa – Kushta (Indian Costus Root)
- Valeriana Wallichii – Tagara
- Microstylis Wallichii – Jeevak
- Microstylis Musifera – Rishabhaka
- Rock Salt – Sendha Namak
- Ichnocarpus Frutescens – Kalidudhi (Kalanusari OR Black Creeper)
- Parmelia Perlata – Shaileyam
- Acorus Calamus – Vacha (Sweet Flag)
- Aquilaria Agallocha – Agaru
- Boerhavia Diffusa – Punarnava
- Withania Somnifera – Ashwagandha
- Asparagus Racemosus – Shatavari
- Fritillaria Roylei – Ksheerashukla
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra – Yashtimadhu (Mulethi)
- Terminalia Chebula – Haritaki
- Terminalia Bellirica – Bibhitaki
- Emblica Officinalis – Amla
- Anethum Graveolens – Soya (Dill) – (Anethum Sowa)
- Phaseolus Trilobus – Mudgaparni
- Teramnus Labialis – Mashaparni
- Elettaria Cardamomum – Elaichi (Cardamom)
- Cinnamomum Zeylanicum – Dalchini (Cinnamon)
- Cinnamomum Tamala – Tejpata (Indian Bay Leaf)
Dhanwantharam Kuzhambu pacifies Vata Dosha. Its local application, massage, and Dhara give relief from pain, stiffness, and inflammation and strengthen the tissues.
- Anti-rheumatic or Anti-arthritic
|DOSHA KARMA (Effect on Humors)||Pacifies mainly VATA DOSHA|
|Dhatu (Tissue) Effect||MAMSA, ASTHI|
|Organs Effect||Nerves, Muscles, Bones, Joints, Ligaments, Tendons & Connective Tissues|
|Main Indication||Vata Disorders|
Dhanwantharam Kuzhambu is used as medicated massage oil in Ayurveda. It provides strength and gives relief from pain, swelling, and numbness. Dhanwantharam Kuzhambu also tones the muscles and improves the strength. In Particular, its massage and Dhara Therapy are recommended in following diseases:
- Muscular Weakness
- Muscular Pains
- Knee Pain
The external application of Dhanwantharam Kuzhambu is Likely Safe.
There are no side effects reported with Dhanwantharam Kuzhambu external application.
Pregnancy & Lactation
Dhanwantharam Kuzhambu can be used for massage or as an external application without any issue during pregnancy.
There are no adverse effects reported with the use of Dhanwantharam Kuzhambu in lactating mothers and breastfeeding babies.
There are no absolute contraindications for Dhanwantharam Kuzhambu.
- Arya Vaidya Sala Kottakkal
- AVN Ayurveda Formulations
- AVP Coimbatore
- Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Group
For old lady with diabetes which oil would be best for body massage?
Dhanwantharam Thailam should be best in all cases.
I have purchased a bottle of DHANVANTARAM KUZHAMPU. I have also noted another product named DHANVANTARAM KUZHAMBU. Only difference KUZHABU in place of KUZHAPU. Are these two oils totally different?
My main concern is a weakness in leg muscles, backache, an imbalance in walking due to spondylosis, neck stiffness.
I am 77 years old. Should I discontinue D/KUZHAMPU and start using D/ KUZHAMBU.