Dhatryasava (Dhatri asava)
Dhatryasava Ingredients, Benefits, Uses, Dosage & Side
Dhatryasava (Dhatri asava) is used for the treatment of anemia, jaundice, heart diseases, gout, malaria, cough, persistent hiccup, anorexia and breathing difficulties. It is also beneficial for the heartburn, acidity, gastritis, excessive thirst, indigestion, obesity, cracked heels (feet) and chronic fever. The main action of Dhatryasava is observed on the digestive system. It also improves the absorption of iron, so it is highly helpful to treat anemia. It exerts potent antioxidant actions and scavenges free radicals and delays aging.
Table of Contents
|Fresh Amla Fruits||2000 fruits|
|Honey||8 Part of Amla Juice Extracted from 2000 fruits|
|Pippali (Long Pepper) – Piper Longum||120 grams|
|Sharkara (Sugar)||3000 grams|
- Extract the juice from 2000 fresh Amla fruits.
- Take honey 8 part of Amla Juice Extracted from 2000 fruits.
- Now, mix Amla juice, honey, Pippali Churna and Sugar in Asava Vessel.
- Leave it for 15 days in Asava place.
- Then decant the liquid (Dhatryasava) and preserve it in food-grade bottles.
Dhatryasava has following medicinal properties:
- Cardiac tonic
- Haematinic (increases hemoglobin levels)
- Hematogenic (helps in formation of red blood cells)
However, it pacifies Tridosha, but the main action of Dhatryasava is observed on Pitta Dosha.
Dhatryasava is helpful in following health conditions.
- General debility
- Heartburn and Indigestion (along with Yashtimadhu (Licorice))
- Excessive thirst
- Heart diseases
- Persistent hiccup
- Cracked heels
- Chronic low-grade fever accompanying with extreme fatigue
|The general dosage of Dhatryasava is as follows.|
|Children (above the age of 5 years)||2.5 to 5 ml|
|Adults||5 to 10 ml|
|Maximum Possible Dosage||30 ml Per Day (in divided doses)|
|Doses: Twice a day with equal amount of water|
|Best Time to Take: After Food|
Dhatryasava is considerably safe for most individuals.
Side Effects of Dhatryasava
There are no side effects observed with Dhatryasava.
There are no absolute contraindications for Dhatryasava.
Pregnancy & Lactation
Dhatryasava is possibly safe for pregnant women and lactating mothers.