Gandmala Kandan Ras is an herbomineral medicine used in ayurveda for diseases in which patients have swelling, inflammation, cysts or tumors of any tissue. The primary indications are Galgand and Gandmala. These conditions include swelling around the neck, swelling, and inflammation of lymph glands and other tissues. Based on this, it can help in mumps, goiter, cervical lymphadenitis, lymphadenopathy, thyroid disorders, etc.
|Shuddha Parad||12 grams|
|Shuddha Gandhak||6 grams|
|Tamra Bhasma||18 grams|
|Mandur Bhasma||36 grams|
|Sonth (Ginger Rhizome) – Zingiber officinale||24 grams|
|Kali Mirch (Black Pepper) – Piper nigrum||24 grams|
|Pippali (Long Pepper) – Piper longum||24 grams|
|Sendha Namak||6 grams|
|Kachnar – Bauhinia variegata||144 grams|
|Shuddha Guggulu||144 grams|
- Thyroid stimulant.
- Galgand (includes all types of swellings around the neck. It may also include diseases such as mumps, goitre, etc.).
- Gandmala (may include cervical lymphadenitis and thyroid disorders. It also includes infections that cause Inflammation and swelling of lymph nodes).
- Granthi (includes all types of abscesses, cysts and abnormal growths).
- Apache (includes lymphadenopathy and scrofula or similar conditions that cause swelling in lymph nodes).
- Cervical lymphadenitis.
- Fibromatosis (fibromas).
- Liver cysts.
- Neurofibromatosis (neurofibroma).
- Polyarteritis nodosa.
- Polycystic kidney disease.
- Thyroid disorders.
The primary indications of Gandmala Kandan Ras are Galgand, Gandmala Granthi and Apache. Other indications are prediction based and according to the action of its ingredients. A lot of research work required to confirm other indications. Based on my hypothesis and experience, it works in all these conditions.
|Granthi Types||Co-relation with Modern Terms|
|Pitta Granthi||Abscess with pus and blood discharge|
|Kapha Granthi||Abscess with white discharge|
|Siraja Granthi||Aneurysms, Hemangioma|
|Rakta Granthi||Polyarteritis nodosa|
|Asthi Granthi||Chondroma, Haematoma, Osteoma|
So, Gandmala Kandan Ras should be effective in all these cases. This is the most important medicine in ayurveda. More research work is required for its utility in benign and cancerous tumors.
Gandmala Kandan Ras Dosage
The classical ayurvedic dosage of Gandmala Kandan Ras is as follows:
|Children||8 mg per Kg of body weight.|
|Adults||250 – 1000 mg (1 to 4 tablets).|
|Lactation||250 – 500 mg (1 to 2 tablets).|
|Geriatric Dosage||250 – 500 mg (1 to 2 tablets).|
|Maximum Possible Dosage||2 grams per day|
How to Take
|Anupan (Adjuvant)||48 ml Kachnar Kwath (decoction)|
|Dosage Frequency||Twice daily|
|Medication Time||After a meal|
- Yoga Ratnakar, Gandmala Chikitsa.