Healing Nut Smoothie
Healing nut smoothie provides a good amount of vitamins, calcium and other minerals and various phytonutrients. It is a rich source of healthy protein and contains healthy fat, including omega-3 fatty acids.
It also a very satisfying breakfast for Vata and Pitta predominant people. It is my favorite recipe for the morning. Generally, we recommend taking it in Stablizing Phase Diet (Phase 2) and Preventing Phase Diet (Phase 3).
Healing Nut Smoothie Recipe
|Water||1 cup (around 240 ml)|
|Carrot||1/3 carrot (around 30 g) chopped|
|Walnuts||15 grams (soaked)|
|Almonds||15 grams (soaked)|
|Sesame Seeds (unhulled)||15 grams (soaked)|
|Fruits||1 cup chopped|
|Fresh Herbs||¼ cup chopped|
|Vegetables||½ cup chopped|
|Dates (optional)||2-4 pitted dates (soaked)|
The first five ingredients are the same as in Healing Nut Milk.
Fruits: There are two options. You should use only one fruit from the following list.
- 1st Preference: Group 1 fruits – Berries: Blackberries, Bilberries, Blueberries, Cranberries, Loganberries, Raspberries, Strawberries or Pomegranate or Guava.
- 2nd Preference: Group 2 fruits – Pome fruits (apples and pears) or stone fruits (Apricots, Apriums, Cherries, Nectarines, Peaches, Plums)
- 3rd Preference: Any fruit (except melons).
Fresh Herbs: There are several options. But mint (any type) and basil (any type) are perfect for healing nut smoothie. You can add either mint or basil. Mint and basil are included in the first preference. You can also use any herb from the second preference list.
- 1st Preference: Mint, Basil.
- 2nd Preference: Coriander, Parsley, Dill leaves, Giloy leaves, Moringa leaves.
Vegetables: There are several options. For example:
- 1st Preference: Celery, Kale, Turnip Greens, Bok Choy, Collard Greens, Fennel Greens, Fenugreek.
- 2nd Preference: Lettuce, Cucumber
- 3rd Preference: All other vegetables except allium vegetables (onion, garlic and shallot), Spinach, Mustard Greens and other vegetables with high oxalate content.
You can use one vegetable from any preference according to availability in your local area. Preferences are given according to maximum healing benefits.
How to Make Healing Nut Smoothie
- Put water in the blender and add chopped carrot.
- Then filter carrot water.
- Put carrot water in the blender.
- Add soaked almonds, walnut and sesame seeds.
- Blend to make healing nut milk.
- Now, add fruit, fresh herbs and vegetables.
- Blend it again. Your Healing Nut Smoothie is ready to enjoy.
Healing Nut Smoothie Nutrition
Healing Nut Smoothie is very nutritious. It provides a variety of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and antioxidants. It has more nutritional value than Healing Nut Milk. Nutrition content varies according to the use of different fresh herbs, fruits and vegetables. The base of this smoothie is Healing Nut Milk. You can check Healing Nut Milk Nutrition facts here for more details.
Can I use other seeds instead of sesame seeds?
You can use Poppy Seeds and Chia Seeds instead of sesame seeds. One and a half tablespoon (around 15 grams) of Poppy Seeds will give you around 210.8 mg of calcium. One and a half tablespoon (around 15 grams) of Chia Seeds will give you around 94.6 mg of calcium.
How many times can I take this smoothie?
You can take it once a day. Check your recommended daily amount for nuts and seeds in nuts’ guide and seeds’ guide.