Water obtained after boiling 10 grams of herbs in 1280 ml water is called herbal water. Based on herbal ingredients, each type of herbal water has different health benefits. You can make it with a single ingredient or combination of several herbs. Generally, herbal waters are made of single herbal ingredient.
How to Make Herbal Water
|Herbs||1 Part||10 grams|
|Water||128 Parts||1280 grams/ml|
- Make a coarse powder of herbs that you want to use for making herbal water. If herbs are fresh, then crush the herbs and use them in an amount of 10 grams.
- Now, take 10 grams of coarse powder of herbs in 1280 ml water in a pan. Stir it to mix with water.
- Put the pan with water and herbs on the stove on medium flame.
- Cover the pan with lid.
- Wait until it gets the first boil.
- Then reduce the flame. After a few seconds (around 10 seconds), again increase the flame. Now, the second boil will come. After getting the second boil, remove the pan from the stove.
- Filter the herbal water immediately and discard the herbal residue.
- Yes, you have prepared herbal water.
We prepare herbal waters in a similar way as we prepare Shadanga Paniya in ayurveda. You can find its detail here: Shadanga Paniya.
Herbal waters prepared with this method are most suitable, light and tasty and provides maximum health benefits. Everyone including infants, children, old aged people can drink them without any side effect.
If you reduce water further or to half, herbal water becomes heavier. So, they are not suitable for infants, children and old aged people.
Herbal Water Benefits
Each type of herbal water has different health benefits based on its ingredients. Generally, all herbal waters prepared with the above method are light to digest, provides instant results, and suitable for every age.
Herbal Water vs Herbal Distillate
Herbal water often confused with herbal distillate. Herbal waters are prepared with the above method. Herbal distillate has a unique preparation method. Ingredient ratio also varies in both types of formulations.
Also Read: How to Make Herbal Distillate
Herbal Water List
- Ajwain Water (Carom Water).
- Fennel water (Saunf Water).
- Fenugreek water.
- Ginger water.
- Jeera Water.
- Lavender water.
- Lemongrass water.
- Mint water.
- Orange flower water.
- Oregano water.
- Rose water.
- Rosemary water.
- Shadanga paniya.
- Thyme water.
- Triphala water.
- Tulsi water.