Herbolax (Capsules & Tablets) is a phyto-pharmaceutical and ayurvedic proprietary medicine beneficial in chronic constipation. Herbolax has laxative, pre-biotic and pro-kinetic actions, which helps eliminating constipation.
Its main ingredient is Trivrit (Ipomoea Turpethum), which has gentle laxative action. Here is a complete list of ingredients with their quantity in each Herbolax capsule or tablet.
|Ingredients||Each Capsule & Tablet Contains:|
|Trivrit – Ipomoea Turpethum||70 mg|
|Haritaki – Terminalia Chebula||50 mg|
|Kasani – Cichorium Intybus||50 mg|
|Kasmard – Cassia Occidentalis||50 mg|
|Kakamachi – Solanum Nigrum||40 mg|
|Mulethi (Yashtimadhu) – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza Glabra||40 mg|
|Ginger (Sonth) – Zingiber officinale||45 mg|
|Vaividang – Embelia Ribes||10 mg|
The main indication for Herbolax is constipation. It is used in following cases.
- Mild Acute Constipation
- Chronic Constipation
- Pre-radiographic bowel preparation – it helps eliminating gas shadows – Used with Gasex
- Constipation during non-ambulatory periods
- Constipation during postoperative periods
|Herbolax Capsule Dosage||2 to 3 Capsules *|
|Herbolax Tablet Dosage||2 to 3 Tablets *|
* Before dinner with warm water
For Pre-radiographic bowel preparation
- Herbolax Tablets or Capsules: 2 to 3 at bedtime
- Gasex Tablets: 2 Tablets trice daily after meal with warm water
Caution & Side Effects
Herbolax is POSSIBLY SAFE under medical supervision in the dosage described above.
In pregnancy, Herbolax should not be used in first trimester. The better and safer option is Gulkand for constipation in pregnancy.