Himcocid Suspension (by Himalaya) is an ayurvedic proprietary medicine helpful in the treatment of gastric disorders. It gives relief in heartburn, acidity, acid dyspepsia, GERD and NSAID induced gastritis.
Table of Contents
The main ingredient of Himcocid is Kapardak (Varatika) Bhasma, which is potent antacid.
|Ingredients||5 ml Suspension Contains:|
|Kapardak (Varatika) Bhasma – Cowrie Shell Calx or Cowry Shell Ash||350 mg|
|Dugdhapashana (Soft Stone) – Magnesium Silicate||350 mg|
|Muktashukti (Mouktika) Bhasma – Pearl Oyster Shell Calx||75 mg|
Processed in following herbs:
- Amalaki (Indian Gooseberry) – Emblica Officinalis
- Giloy (Guduchi) – Tinospora Cordifolia
- Punarnava – Boerhavia Diffusa
Himcocid is beneficial in following diseases:
- Burning sensation in the abdomen
- Acid peptic disease (APD)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Non-ulcer dyspepsia (NUD)
- NSAID induced gastritis (inflammation of stomach walls)
|Children||1/2 to 1 Teaspoon *|
|Adults||1 to 2 Teaspoons *|
* Himcocid should be taken after meal twice a day.
The maximum daily total dosage should not exceed from 10 teaspoons.
Caution & Side Effects
However, it is POSSIBLY SAFE in most individuals when taken in recommended dosage.
We have observed increase in pain in patients suffering with Rheumatoid Arthritis after taking Himcocid. Therefore, people with Rheumatoid Arthritis should not to take Himcocid.