Himcospaz is a breakthrough antispasmodic herbal medicine, which helps in soothing the spastic muscles and the contractions produced by different spasmogens (substance that induce spasms).
Himcospaz capsules are very effective in relieving abdominal pain and spasmodic pain in the uterus due to menstruation and pelvic inflammatory diseases. Himcospaz contains celery (Ajmoda), which is rich in antioxidants and has Spasmolytic properties that relieve the spasmodic visceral pains. It also contains ginger, which has anti-inflammatory properties and the chemical GINGEROL, which relieves inflammation, pain and discomfort in the digestive and excretory system of the body. It also has protective action against the cramps and colic.
|Ingredients||Each Himcospaz Capsule Contains|
|Apium Graveolens – Ajmoda (Celery)||96 mg|
|Curcuma Zedoaria – Sati||25.5 mg|
|Zingiber Officinale – Sonth (Ginger)||24 mg|
|Processed in Oils of|
|Foeniculum Vulgare – Fennel Seed Oil (Saunf)||Q.S.|
|Carum Carvi – Kala Jeera (Caraway or Black Cumin)||Q.S.|
|Carum Copticum (Trachyspermum Ammi) – Ajwain (Carom Seeds)||Q.S.|
Himcospaz has following healing properties.
- Aam Pachak (Detoxifier)
The several ingredients in Himcospaz have antispasmodic, anodyne and anti-inflammatory action. It affects on acetylcholine, histamine and several other spasmogens.
The natural medicine stops the transmission of parasympathetic nerve impulses and lessens the spasms of gastrointestinal tract and the bladder muscles. They also smooth the disturbances in gastrointestinal motility.
GINGEROL, the chemical constituent of ginger found in Himcospaz helps in inhibiting the biosynthesis of prostaglandins, which induce pain perception in the body. The prostaglandins are the lipid compounds that have a role in pain perception in the system and these are repressed by this medicinal capsule.
Himcospaz is helpful in following health conditions.
- Abdominal colic & Intestinal Colic
- Amebic Colitis
- Biliary Colic due to gallstones or cholecystitis
- Uterine Colic – Due to Dysmenorrhea (Painful Periods) or Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Spasms associated with
- Amebic Dysentery
- Bacillary Dysentery
- Chronic Infective And Secretory Diarrhea
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Mucus Colitis
- Worm Infestation
- Acute pain due to lower urinary tract infection
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Ureteral spasms
Benefits & Medicinal Uses
Himalaya Himcospaz is an effective antispasmodic herbal remedy for giving instant relief to abdominal pain caused by intestinal colic, abdominal colic, intestinal parasites, worms, non-ulcer dyspepsia and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). The healing properties of the Himcospaz like antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, carminative stimulants and antispasmodic properties help in relieving of all these ailments.
Himalaya Himcospaz has many health benefits and is one of the best selling over the counter herbal medicine. Some of the key benefits of this extraordinary soft capsule are:
- Himcospaz is used in intestinal colic or amoebic colitis, which is a very painful ailment of the intestine.
- It soothes the irritable bowel movement and reduces mucus in the stools.
- It is a natural remedy to improve digestion and having a smooth bowel movement.
- It is an herbal remedy proved to alleviate pain and discomfort caused by abdominal colic.
- Himcospaz relieves the uterus pain and contractions occurring due to pelvic inflammatory diseases (PID).
- It alleviates the pain of menstrual cramps.
- It treats mucous colitis and controls diarrhea.
- It is found beneficial in the pain management in Cholecystitis and gallbladder stones.
- Himalaya Himcospaz also prevents bacillary and amoebic dysentery, worm infestation and restores natural functions of the digestive system.
- The antispasmodic properties of Himcospaz are used for relieving spasms of involuntary muscles.
- Chronic pancreatitis can also be treated with the regulated dosage of Himalaya Himcospaz.
- It helps in giving relief in non-specific diarrhea like chronic infective and secretory diarrheas.
- The herbal and natural ingredients of the Himcospaz also help in relieving acute pain in the lower urinary tract infections.
- A relaxing effect is induced by the Himalaya Himcospaz on smooth muscles, which inhibit the contractions produced by several spasmogens, and relieves non-specific abdominal colic.
Abdominal colic & Intestinal Colic
The muscles contractions invoked by both acetylcholine and electrical signals in the bladder, uterus, gastrointestinal tract, pancreas and even gall bladder are reduced by the active chemical GINGEROL (alkaloid of ginger) present in the Himalaya Himcospaz.
The Ajmoda and Sati help in stimulating appetite and regulating the bowel movement. The medicinal ingredients of Himcospaz work as a natural remedy for colic and flatulence. Himcospaz relieves pain associated with following diseases:
- Amebic Colitis or Amebic Dysentery
- Diarrhea – Chronic Infective And Secretory Diarrhea
- Bacillary Dysentery
- Mucus Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dysmenorrhea and Uterine Colic
Dysmenorrhea is a condition when the muscles of the uterus contract very tightly and cut off the supply of oxygen to the blood vessels in the uterus walls. This results in muscle cramps and lower abdominal pain.
Uterine colic refers to the painful contractions and cramps of the uterine muscles occurring in menstrual periods or uterine diseases. These cramped muscles are relaxed by the antispasmodic properties of Himcospaz and they stop the action of histamine and acetylcholine.
The Sati present in Himcospaz helps in regularizing menstruation by smoothing the muscles of the uterus and ovaries. Its analgesic action prevents pain and reduces nausea and colic.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
The bacteria infect the cervix, uterus and other parts of the female body, which is known as Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID). It has numerous causes, but its treatment is done by very few medicines, Himalaya Himcospaz is one of them. It reduces the pain, stimulates the uterus muscle and decreases some of the inner inflammation caused by the disease.
Biliary Colic due to Cholecystitis and Gallstones
Biliary colic refers to acute pain in the gallbladder due to gallstone and cholecystitis refers to the inflammation associated with it. Himcospaz cannot entirely remove the stone, but its anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and anodyne properties can reduce the acute pain, vomiting and nausea associated with this condition. It provides relief to the patient and is helpful reducing the symptoms.
Bacillary Dysentery and Inflammatory gastrointestinal Tract
The Sonth (ginger) and Sati in the Himcospaz help in reducing the pain, inflammation and the discomfort produced in the gastrointestinal tract.
Bloating, Flatulence & Abdominal Distension
The carminative effects of ginger and other ingredients in Himcospaz help in relieving the symptoms of bloating, flatulence and abdominal distension.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Himcospaz reduces following symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
- Cramping & Abdominal Pain
- Diarrhea with mucus discharge
For best results, Mustak (Cyperus Rotundus) should be used with Himcospaz for managing the irritable bowel syndrome.
Loss of appetite & Anorexia Nervosa
The Ayurvedic ingredients of Himalaya Himcospaz have digestive stimulation action and they increase appetite.
Fennel Seeds (Saunf) found in Himcospaz also helps to increase appetite and reduce biliousness, flatulence, menopausal problems and constipation.
Himcospaz aids in digestion because its herbal ingredients like Ajmoda (celery). Ajmoda has antioxidants, beta-carotene, manganese and vitamin C, which protect the digestive tract against any inflammation.
Acute pain associated with lower UTI
Himcospaz plays a supportive role in management of pain associated with lower urinary tract infections.
Worm Infestation – Intestinal Parasites
Worm infestation is an acute problem in India especially among children, which may also affect their growth. Most of children complain abdominal pain, which occurs due to worm infestation. In such case, Himcospaz works and reduces abdominal pain. In addition to Himcospaz, anthelmintic medicines should also be used.
Dosage & Administration
|Children||1 Capsule *|
|Adults||2 Capsules **|
|Geriatric (Old age)||1 Capsule *|
* In Acute pain and can be taken thrice in 24 hours
** 2 Capsules in Acute pain, followed by 1 capsule every 8 hours for 3 to 5 days
Recommended Treatment Duration
|Acute Spasmodic Pain||Initial Dose 2 Capsules, followed 1 capsule every 8 hours||3 to 5 Days|
|Menstrual Cramps or Membranous Dysmenorrhea||1 to 2 capsules Twice daily||Until the menstrual cycle completes|
|Irritable Bowel Syndrome||2 capsules Twice daily||4 to 6 Weeks|
Himcospaz is POSSIBLY SAFE & TOLERABLE within the therapeutic dosage of Himcospaz described above.
However, no significant side effects occur with Himcospaz, but a few patients have reported the following mild side effects.
- Burning sensation in the abdomen
These side effects most likely occur in people with history of gastritis, ulcer, heartburn and dyspepsia.
Allergic Reactions (Allergy)
If you are allergic to any of ingredients present in Himcospaz, you should avoid using this.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
Himcospaz may inhibit prostaglandin and oxytocin induced contractions in pregnancy, which may lead to prolong gestation and labor. Therefore, pregnant women should not use it.