Home Remedies for Facial Hair Removal
Facial hairs are always unwanted in women. These hairs appear usually in women with polycystic ovarian disease in which some hormone fluctuations result in this condition.
You will not prefer to shave the facial hairs because it may make your skin rough. Here are some natural ayurvedic home remedies to remove the facial hairs without shaving and threading.
One thing that you should consider before trying these remedies is these remedies work slowly, but would not cause any trouble with your face.
Some chemical laden creams can also help you to get rid of facial hairs, but these creams can also cause many side effects. Before trying any chemical based product, it is worthwhile to try some home remedies firsts.
Causes of facial hair in women
However, the exact cause is unknown, but the following factors can play a role in facial hair growth in women.
Elevated levels of androgen (testosterone) in the blood can result in facial hair growth in women. It occurs due to unusual sensitivity of hair follicles of female body toward male hormone.
Hormonal fluctuations occur throughout the life of women. These hormonal changes can lead to facial hairs. Generally, major hormonal changes occur at following stages of life.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome is a common cause of facial hairs in women. The exact cause of PCOS is yet unknown, but scientists link it with heredity and excess level of insulin in the body.
- Depression and stress also have a great influence on hormones, which might cause hormonal changes in the woman’s body. Thus, it can also lead to facial hair growth.
Use of steroid
Steroid creams use is also a common cause of facial hair growth. Sometimes, these creams are prescribed for the management of eczema and other skin diseases.
Remedies for facial hair removal
The following home remedies can help removing facial hairs naturally.
Honey & sugar mix
|Sugar powder||100 grams|
|Lemon Juice||60 ml|
- Take above three ingredients in given amount and mix all well.
- Heat the mixture and it will convert into a honey wax.
- Apply this warm honey wax on face and cover your face with muslin cloth.
- Now, pull the muslin cloth against the hair growth direction.
It is a painful procedure, but it might safer than chemical bases creams.
Exfoliating lemon juice mix
|Lemon Juice||10 ml|
- Mix all above ingredients and apply on the face.
- Leave it on the face for 30 minutes.
- Then rub the face gently with fingers and rinse with warm water.
You can repeat this remedy twice a week for better results.
Gram flour mix
|Gram flour||30 grams|
|Lemon juice||10 ml|
- Take gram flour, lemon juice and water. Mix all these ingredients well and make a thin paste.
- Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Scrub the face against the direction of hair growth and it will help removing unwanted hairs.
Indian nettle mix
Indian nettle, also known as Kuppaimeni in local Indian language, is beneficial for removing facial hairs. Leaves of Indian nettle are commonly used for this purpose.
The extract from the paste of its leaves penetrates deeper into the skin and stops hair growth. However, this remedy takes time to work, but it is painless and safer than other remedies and chemicals.
|Indian nettle (Acalphya Indica) leaves||A handful|
|turmeric (Curcuma Longa)||3 grams|
- Take a handful of Indian nettle leaves and crush them to make paste.
- Mix this paste with 3 grams of turmeric and 1 tsp. of honey.
- Apply this mixture on the face and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Now rinse the face off with cold water.
If fresh leaves are not available, the take 3 grams of nettle leaf powder and mix it with honey and turmeric. Then follow above steps.
Repeat this remedy everyday for a few months to get rid of facial hair growth.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Hair Removal in PCOS
Can ayurvedic remedies help removing facial hairs due to PCOS?
However, this is a common question asked by many women suffering with PCOS. You require a proper ayurvedic treatment for PCOS to get rid of facial hairs because polycystic ovarian disease occurs due to hormonal changes in the body, which need to be under control.
The following home remedies can also help you to remove facial hairs.
Chickpea & Turmeric
|Chickpea flour||10 grams|
|Turmeric powder||10 grams|
- Take curd, chickpea flour and turmeric powder in given ratio.
- Mix all ingredients.
Gently rub this mixture on your face in opposite direction of hairs. It can help you to remove the facial hairs. Its regular use helps to remove facial hairs.
Ashoka bark is known for its influence on hormones in the body. It can help you to normalize the hormones and decrease the testosterone in female’s body.
- Take Ashoka bark and make its coarse powder.
- Take 10 grams of power and one glass of water.
- Boil and simmer the water with ashoka bark powder until the water remains one fourth.
- Drink this decoction twice a day before meal.
Ashoka decoction or Ashokarishta helps you to normalize the hormones in the body, which can naturally restrict hair growth on the face.