Natural home remedies for glowing skin include ancient and time-tested homemade and DIY methods using some easily available kitchen ingredients and herbs.
You can get rid of various beauty problems using following remedies in addition to their skin glowing effects.
Generally, these home remedies include culinary herbs, spices and homemade facials, which have potency to improve the skin color and make it glowing.
Remedies for glowing skin
You might have tried various tips for glowing skin that might not be effective on your skin. We know it might be so frustrating and you are in search of better ways and tips for glowing skin.
The following remedies and tips are unique and tested on many people in our clinic, so you will get results by using them. You can get a glowing and clear skin using these amazing remedies at home.
Almond oil is an effective home remedy to get rid of dark circles and black spots on the face. It is effective to improve the skin glow.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Apply almond oil on your face just before bedtime.
- Leave it overnight and in morning wash your face with warm water and chandan or neem soap.
It makes skin glowing within a month. The results start within 3 days of its application.
- Take a handful coriander leaves.
- Crush them to make paste.
- Add a few drops of almond oil and mix it with paste.
- Apply on the skin for glowing effects.
- Wash after 30 minutes.
Coriander leaves and juice make your body more glowing and it helps bringing sheen into the dull skin.
You can also take coriander in your diet, as it reduces acidity in the body, which is also beneficial for glowing skin.
- Take a fresh carrot and crush it to make its paste or pulp.
- Apply this carrot pulp on your face for 30 minutes.
- Do gentle massage with fingers for 5 minutes and wash your face.
This remedy helps improving skin color, tone and make skin glowing.
Multani Mitti (Fuller’s earth)
Fuller’s earth is known for its brightening and glowing effects on the skin. It makes your skin clear, pimple free and prevents dark circles an home remedies for glowing skin for oily skind wrinkles.
- Take 10 grams of fuller’s earth.
- Mix it with rose water to make paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and wash after 30 minutes.
Further, if you are facing acne troubles, you can also use this remedy to get rid of acne and pimples.
- Make a turmeric powder paste with tomato juice.
- Apply it on the face and neck.
Tomato juice facial is widely used traditionally in Asian countries for brightening skin and getting a clear face. You can take glowing benefits from this tomato face pack.
Cow’s ghee is not used for applying on face, but its nasal instillation increases glow of the skin.
- Take warm cow’s ghee.
- Lie down on bed on your back.
- Put 2 to 5 drops of cow’s ghee into each nostril.
- Stay calm and rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
This remedy is also effective in headache and sinusitis.
Coconut Oil for glowing skin
Coconut oil application makes skin glowing and it also removes painful acne and prevents the skin from scaring.
You can also use an alternative to above remedy. Cucumber juice is also equally effective to improve skin color and sheen.
|Cucumber juice||2 tsp.|
|Lemon juice||2 tsp.|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp.|
- Mix all ingredients in the ratio described in above table.
- Apply this liquid on your skin once every day.
- You can see changes after a week that your skin is now glowing and clearer than before.
For getting a clear and fair skin, you can use following remedies.
However, this is an uncommon remedy for a clear skin, but it has amazing results to improve glow and removes black spots.
- Take basil leaves and crush them to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face once a day.
Basil remedy is also beneficial for improving pus filled acnes, blemishes, blackheads etc.
Mango and Jamun seeds
You may have enjoyed eating Mangos and Jamuns. For next time, remember keeping their seeds because they can improve skin luster and give you a glowing skin.
- Take mango and jamun seeds.
- Grind them to make powder.
- Use this powder by mixing in water to make paste.
- You should apply this paste on your face, neck, arms and legs.
This mango and jamun remedy helps you to get a glowing and clear skin.
Barley Potli massage
- Take barley and soak them in milk overnight.
- Take a soft cotton cloth to make pouch.
- Add soaked barley in cotton pouch.
- Do gentle massage of skin with this pouch.
Barley potli massage helps to rejuvenate the skin, improves glow and make it clearer and sheen. It also improves skin color by removing pigmentation from the skin. For this purposes, you may need to do this massage regularly twice a week for at least 3 to 6 months.
Calabash (bottle gourd) or Loki peel
Calabash has many benefits and its juice is used for medicinal purposes. Calabash peel or outer skin is effective in removing blemishes, dark spots and improving skin glow.
- Take calabash peel.
- Rub your face with inner part of the calabash peel for 5 to 10 minutes
It will make your skin clearer and good looking by removing toxins from the skin.
Buttermilk with tomato
Buttermilk and tomato both benefits to have a glowing skin. You can use them, as they are easily available and easy to do it yourself at home.
- Take 2 teaspoon of fresh buttermilk.
- Take one small tomato and crush it to make paste.
- Mix the tomato paste with buttermilk and apply on the face.
- Wash your face after 15 minutes.
It will enhance glow of your face and removes dark patches from the skin. It is also beneficial for dark circles and wrinkles.
Fenugreek leaves or Seeds
Fenugreek and its leaves possess medicinal properties that corrects digestion, lowers blood glucose levels etc. when it is eaten.
Fenugreek leaves are also used for local application in beauty problems.
- Take fenugreek fresh leaves and crush them to make a paste.
- Apply this fenugreek paste on face and wash after 30 minutes.
- If you cannot arrange fenugreek fresh leaves, you can also do this with dried fenugreek leaves or seeds.
- If you are going to used dried fenugreek leaves, then just make a fine powder and add some water to make paste. Then apply it for glowing purposes.
- If you would like to use fenugreek seeds, the soak seeds overnight in water.
- In the morning, crush them to make a poultice.
- Apply this paste on your face for 30 minutes.
Lemon is known for its antioxidant properties and vitamin C, which is beneficial for skin and prevents various skin diseases.
- Take one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Add one teaspoon of honey and mix both ingredients well.
- Apply this mixture on skin to get fairer and clear skin.
- Wash your face or skin when the face pack becomes dry.
This home remedy helps you to get glowing skin and prevents various skin diseases. It removes dirt from the skin and opens clogged pores. It also helps in the prevention of acne.
- Take raw unpasteurized fresh cow’s milk.
- Apply it on your body.
- Let it dry.
- Now, do massage with aloe vera gel for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Take a bath after 30 minutes.
This home remedy works good to bring sheen on dull skin. It is easy to available and easy to use. You can do it yourself at your home for getting a clear skin.
Masoor Dal (Red Lentils) remedy for glowing skin
Massor dal or red lentils has property to make skin glowing and it is very simple easily available home remedy. You can find it in your grocery store.
- Take 100 grams masoor dal.
- Make its powder by grinding it in your home grinder.
- Take cow’s ghee and make paste of massor dal powder with cow’s ghee.
- Now, add a small amount of camphor.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Apply this paste on whole body or on your face.
You can continue using this remedy for a week and you can find your body skin is glowing much better than before. Girls in India also use this remedy before their marriage. It makes them looking more gorgeous and beautiful.
Potato peels are beneficial for skin and hairs, so do not throw them out. You can use them in some natural home remedies for glowing skin. These are as follows:
- Boil potatoes in water and peel the outer skin.
- Dry out potato peels in the sun.
- Make powder of potato peels.
- Use potato peel powder for making skin clearer.
- Take 1 teaspoon of potato peel powder.
- Add 1-teaspoon honey and mix both ingredients.
- Apply this paste on your face to have a glowing skin.
Wash your face with warm water after 30 minutes. It makes your skin smooth, sheen and clearer.
Oatmeal improves skin glow when it is applied on the skin. It makes your skin sheen and clear.
- Take oatmeal and add a small amount of turmeric powder, milk and almond oil.
- Apply this oatmeal mask on your skin and leave it until it dries up.
- Remove this oatmeal mask from your skin washing the skin with warm water.
It brings sheen on your dull face and immediate effects can be seen. It is a natural and easy to do remedy, which you can try at your home.