We usually focus on two types of meditation in Ayur Times – Gratitude Meditation and Breathing Meditation because these are necessary for our lifestyle advice to improve our follower’s health. Meditation improves mental health, leading to happiness, calmness, self-respect and understanding.
Gratitude meditation is to express your gratitude and thankfulness to Nature. It would be best to do it immediately after waking up in the morning, before and after eating food. When you are doing this, you should have a smile on your face with a feeling of happiness inside.
How to Do
- Sit in a cross-legged posture or any comfortable posture.
- Relax your body.
- Close your eyes slowly.
- Calm your mind and divert it to the feeling of gratitude.
- Bring a smile to your face and have a feeling of happiness inside.
- Express your gratitude and thankfulness to Nature for everything that you have. Use your own words and feeling to thank Nature.
When to Do
- Immediately before waking up in the morning, followed by 3 minutes of breathing meditation.
- Before sleeping at night, followed by 15 minutes of breathing meditation.
- Before and after eating food.
In breathing meditation, you need to watch your breathing – inhalation and exhalation, with closed eyes and a feeling of happiness and a smile on your face. Just watch, do not entangle with it. Watching is key.
- Sit in a comfortable posture.
- Relax your body and close your eyes slowly.
- Watch your body from head to toe and feel relaxation and calmness in the body.
- Have a feeling of happiness and a smile on your face.
- Now, divert your attention to breathing.
- Do not disturb your natural breathing process.
- Just watch the breathing. Feel inhalation and exhalation.
- Watching is the first key here.
- Whenever your attention flies from breathing, just bring it back to breathing. Practice, practice, practice and practice this. Do not lose your confidence. Practice is another key here. After several days of practice, you will be able to do this meditation accurately.
When to Do
- Do it 2-3 minutes immediately after waking up, after morning gratitude meditation.
- 20 minutes in the morning after getting a shower or any time during the day.
- 15 minutes before sleeping at bedtime, after evening gratitude meditation.
Note: The above meditation are designed for health purposes, not for spiritual purposes.