Is Almond Oil Good for Hair?
Almond oil is the best for the growth of softer, thick long, beautiful and shinier hair. Almond oil is a good source of antioxidants, which helps reducing hair damage.
Almond oil is rich in special nutrients like magnesium, fatty acids and vitamins such as vitamin A, D and E. You should apply almond oil on hair for the following benefits.
For healthy and long hair
Almond oil can help you having healthy and long hair. Applying almond oil reduces hair fall and provides the strength hair roots. It is also used for different hair products due to this property.
For removal of split ends
Almond oil can also help you for reducing split ends of hair. For better results, you should mix almond oil in olive oil and castor oil in equal proportion. You will see noticeable changes within two three weeks.
For lustrous look on dry hair
As almond oil is light in texture and contains essential fatty acids, it has a high moisturizing property, when applied on dry hair it gives lustrous and shinier look.
For shiny and soft hair
You can use a mask made up of almond oil and mashed avocado on the hair. This mask should be kept for 30 minutes before shampooing. The almond oil and avocado mask makes the hair softer and shiner.
For Dandruff treatment
Almond oil is a good medicine for the treatment of dandruff. It removes the dead cells, which are present on the scalp.
You can apply a mixture of almond oil and mashed gooseberry on the hair. Keep and leave it for 30 minutes before shampooing. After a hair wash it gives a soothe scalp and a shinier hair.
For reducing scalp inflammation
Almond oil reduces scalp inflammation and prevents scalp inflammatory diseases. Predisposing factors of scalp inflammation are pollution, chemical styling, heat and dust. It can also lead to dandruff, hair fall and infections. You can avoid all these problems using almond oil over the scalp regularly.
For detangle hair
Applying some almond oil into the hair detangles them.
Methods to apply almond oil for more beneficial results
In wet hair
- Get the hair wet and combed: Almond oil gets easily absorbed in wet hair, detangle the hair by using comb before applying almond oil into the hair.
- Massage your scalp with the oil: Take some amount of oil on your palm and gently massage all over your scalp especially near hair roots. This helps in new hair growth, protect your hair and condition hair roots.
- Cover your hair: Leave the hair covered with a shower cap for at least an hour before taking a shower so that the oil gets fully absorbed into the scalp or you may leave it overnight.
In dry hair
- Comb your hair: Detangle your hair using a comb, so that it is easier to apply.
- Take few drops of almond oil: Take few drops of almond oil on your palm rub the two palms together and coat your hair.
- Run your fingers along your hair: Starting from halfway down the hair shaft, run your fingers along the tips. The bottom half when coated with almond oil with reduce the flyways and frizz. This would give a sleeker look to the hair. Then apply it near the roots.
Stay tuned to our website for many more amazing updates to make you look beautiful and confident.