Majun Falasfa is a Unani Medicine used for enhancing mental powder and treating kidney pain, joint pains, and urinary incontinence. It acts as a nervine tonic, brain tonic, nephroprotective, neuroprotective and antioxidant. It improves appetite and strengthens brain, stomach, kidneys, and bladder. It provides strength to the brain and nerves. It is also used to debility, polyuria (excessive urination), nephropathy, backache, gout, indigestion, and loss of appetite.
Table of Contents
Majun Falasfa Ingredients (Composition)
|Maghz Chilgoza (Pine Nuts) – Pinus Gerardiana kernel||30 grams|
|Tukhme Baboona (Roman Chamomile) – Anthemis Nobilis||15 grams|
|Amla Muqashsher (Emblica officinalis Gaertn crushed fruit||30 grams|
|Beikh Baboona – Anthemis Nobilis roots||30 grams|
|Filfil Daraz (Pippali) – Piper longum fruit||30 grams|
|Filfil Siyah (Black Pepper) – Piper nigrum fruit||30 grams|
|Narjeel Taaza – Lodoicea maldivica Pers fresh fruit||30 grams|
|Salab Misri – Orchis latifolia root||30 grams|
|Sheetraj (Chitrak) – Plumbago Zeylanica||30 grams|
|Zanjabil (ginger) – Zingiber officinalis rhizome||30 grams|
|Zaravand Mudharij – Aristolochia Rotunda Root||30 grams|
|Maveez Munaqqa (mavis munakka) – Vitis vinifera seedless fruit||90 grams|
|Asl – Honey||810 grams|
Majun Falasfa includes preparation of 2 things and then mixing them.
- Prepare Safoof: Take all herbs and kernels. Make powder of all ingredients of Majun Falasfa. Mix the powder in the quantity described in above table.
- Make Qiwam (concentrated syrup): Now, take honey and make a solution with a thick consistency (concentrated syrup).
- Mixing Safoof & Qiwam: Remove Qiwam (concentrated syrup) from the heat and add Safoof (powder mixture) gradually and continue stirring to mix it properly. Now, Majun Falasfa is ready for preservation.
- Preservation: Preserve Majun Falsfa in a glass jar.
Majun Falasfa has following medicinal properties.
- Brain Tonic
- Nervine Tonic
- Digestive stimulant
- Gastric tonic
Majun Falasfa Indications
Majun Falasfa is beneficial in the following health conditions:
- Renal colic or kidney pain
- Arthralgia – Joint pains
- Incontinence of Urine
- Polyuria (excessive urination) – along with Chandraprabha Vati
- General debility
- Loss of appetite
Dosage & Administration
|The general dosage of Majun Falasfa is as follows.|
|Adults||5 grams Twice Daily|
|Maximum Possible Dosage||15 grams Per Day (in divided doses)|
|Appropriate Adjuvant: 250 ml Warm Milk|
|Best Time to Take: 2 hours after breakfast and 2 hours after dinner or before bedtime|
Majun Falsfa is likely safe for most individuals in recommended dosage when taken under professional supervision.
There are no side effects observed with Majun Falasfa.
Pregnancy & Lactation
The safety profile of Majun Falasfa is not well established for pregnant women and lactating mothers. Consult a Unani Physician before taking Majun Falsfa during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
There are no absolute contraindications for Majun Falsfa.