Mrigamadasavam or Mrugamadasava
Mrigamadasava (Mrigamadasavam) is used to treat cholera, gastroenteritis, persistent hiccup and fever with febrile seizures. It is also beneficial for sprain and breathing problems. It improves blood circulation, lowers fever, prevents shivering and delirium in fever, and restores strength.
Table of Contents
|Mrit Sanjeevani Sura or Rectified Spirit||50 Parts|
|Kasturi (Mrigamad) – Musk||4 Parts|
|Shahad – Honey||25 Parts|
|Kali Mirch (Black Pepper) – Piper Nigrum||2 Parts|
|Laung (Clove) – Syzygium Aromaticum||2 Parts|
|Jaiphal (Nutmeg) – Myristica Fragrans||2 Parts|
|Pippali (Long Pepper) – Piper Longum||2 Parts|
|Dalchini (Cinnamon) – Cinnamomum Zeylanicum||2 Parts|
- Take Mrit Sanjeevani Sura or Rectified Spirit in Asava Vessel or earthen pot, add Kasturi and dissolve it.
- No, add honey and other ingredients and mix them well.
- Seal the vessel with a clay smeared cloth.
- Now, leave it for 30 days in Asava place.
- After 30 days, filter the liquid (Mrigamadasava) and preserve it in food-grade bottles.
Mrigamadasava has following medicinal properties:
- Cardiac stimulant
- Vitalizing (improves vigor)
- Cardiac stimulant
- Nervine stimulant
Mrigamadasava is helpful in following health conditions.
- Persistent hiccup
- Fever with febrile seizures
- Fever with deliriums
- Unconsciousness or syncope
- Breathing problems
- Chronic cough
- Acute attack of Paralysis
|The general dosage of Mrigamadasava is as follows.|
|Children||1 to 5 drops|
|Adults||3 to 10 drops|
|Doses: Twice or thrice a day|
|Adjuvant: In water|
Mrigamadasava should be used under the supervision of an ayurvedic physician. The unsupervised use of Mrigamadasava can be unsafe, especially for children.
Side Effects of Mrigamadasava
There are no side effects reported with Mrigamadasava when used in appropriate dosage under the supervision of an ayurvedic doctor. A high dose can be unsuitable and lead to side effects.
Pregnancy & Lactation
The safety profile of Mrigamadasava is not well established for pregnant women and lactating mothers. Therefore, Mrigamadasava should not be used by pregnant women and lactating mothers.