Nasya Oils in Ayurveda, Their Specific Indications, Uses & Benefits
The oils used in NASYA Panchakarma Therapy are termed as Nasya Oils. Nasya Oils are medicated nasal oils used in the treatment of nasal disorders, sinusitis and upper respiratory tract infections.
NASYA KARMA is a part of five therapeutic measures used in Ayurveda. It is beneficial in all diseases of upper part of the body including brain, eyes, ears, nose, jawbone, oral cavity, and scalp hair.
Common Nasya Oils & Their specific Indications
- General tonic for brain and hair
- Loss of smell
- Sinusitis (mild infection)
- Hair loss
- Hair fall
- Sinusitis or sinus infection
- Nasal polyps
- Nasal septal deviation
- Headache (dull headache)
- Migraine with dull ache
- Hair fall due to dandruff
- Facial paralysis
- Excessive thirst
- Headache with burning sensation
- Migraine (acute attack)
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Tension headache
- Mental stress
- Sinusitis or other nasal infections with pus discharge or thick yellow-greenish mucus discharge
- Bleeding disorders
- Burning sensation in the nose
Benefits & Uses of Nasya Oils
Approximately, all types of nasya oils are beneficial for nasal disorders, upper respiratory infections, disorders of brain and scalp. A few benefits are here.
- If you are using ANU THAILAM on regular basis, it helps protecting you form diseases of upper body parts including brain, head, neck, ears, nose, oral cavity and shoulders. It also works as a good tonic for eyes and improves eyesight.
- All nasya oils revitalize the hairs and ensure a proper growth of hair.
- Some oils are beneficial for memory loss, headache and prevention of dementia in old age. Generally, Anu Thailam is used for this purpose.