Nowadays, onion oil becomes famous for its use in hair fall and improving hair growth. How to make onion oil for hair growth at home. What is its accurate preparation method? Does it work in all cases of hair fall? Does it improve hair growth? What are the conditions of its use? What are onion oil benefits for hair growth? Who should use it and who should not? Let’s dig into detail. First, look at its ingredients:
Onion hair oil is prepared from the following ingredients:
|Onion Juice||32 Parts||3.2 Kg|
|Coconut Oil or Sesame Oil||8 Parts||800 grams|
|Onion Paste||1 Part||100 grams|
Note: Onion hair oil is not onion essential oil or onion seed oil. It is a different formulation specially prepared for hair growth from the onion bulb.
How to Make Onion Oil for Hair Growth
- Take onions and make juice putting in the electric juice extractor. Onion juice should be 32 parts. For example, you can take 3.2 Kg fresh onion juice for making 800 grams of oil.
- Take onions in a grinder and make its paste. You require 1 part of onion paste. For example, you can take 100 grams onion paste for making 800 grams oil.
- Now, take a saucepan and pour sesame oil or coconut oil in it.
- Also, pour onion juice in the oil and add onion paste in the oil. Mix these three ingredients.
- Turn on the stove and place the pan with a mixture of these three ingredients.
- Let it boil. After getting the first boil, reduce the heat. Simmer this mixture until oil remains. Stir the mixture frequently.
- After that, remove the pan from the stove and leave it for a few hours for cooling.
- Then take cheesecloth and strain the oil through it.
- Now, your onion oil is ready to use. Preserve it in airtight container.
Shelf Life of Onion Oil
The shelf life of onion oil prepared through this method is 3 years, but it is best to consume it within 6 months to get its maximum benefits. After six months, efficacy starts reducing.
Onion Oil Benefit & Uses
Let me first tell you. It does not work in all cases of hair fall. It does not improve hair growth in all cases. It works in a specific case of hair fall that you should know before using it.
Onion Oil for Hair Growth
Onion oil improves hair growth and reduces hair fall. However, its conditions of use are dry hair, rough dandruff flakes, less or no itchy scalp, hair shaft weakness, thin hair and split hairs. If hair fall occurs with these conditions, then it is useful. In such cases, it restores the natural health of hair with its nourishing effects. It improves hair growth and prevents hair loss.
However, if you have dandruff with yellowish flakes, whitish crusts on the scalp, sticky hair and oily scalp, it might not be helpful.
Get Shiny Hair with Onion Oil
In similar conditions as discussed above, onion oil will help you to get shiny and smooth hair.
The most important use of onion oil is in blemishes. According to ayurveda, onion juice or onion oil reduces blemishes, dark circles (under eyes), and blackish spots from the face.
How to use onion oil for blemishes
- Apply oil on the face in the morning. Massage for 10 minutes.
- Remove the oil from the face with warm amla water.
- Repeat this step every day for 3 months to get the best results.
Side Effects of Onion Oil
According to ayurveda onions are not good for Medha. The word Medha refers to intellectual ability, ability to gain knowledge, capacity for rational thoughts and creativeness of the mind. Due to this reason, onions are considered Tamasic food. So, it is not part of the Sattvic Diet in Ayurveda and Yoga Science.
Application on the head will have the same side effect on your mental and analytic skills, as you take it internally. So, it will reduce your intellect.
The second side effect is more visible than the first one. It causes bad smell from hairs. So, you cannot apply onion hair oil after washing your head. It is best to apply it before hair wash.
However, you will only get positive results if you apply it at night before sleep and keep it applied overnight. In the next morning, you should wash your head. In this way, you can prevent the second side effect for the day.
Who should not use onion oil?
- If you have inflamed acne with red or pus-filled bumps, you should not apply this oil.
- If you have reddish skin, or your skin is prone to sunburn or sensitive to sunlight, don’t apply it on your face.
Do I recommend using onion hair oil?
It’s your personal choice. If you want to use, I have provided accurate information in this article.
Personally, I don’t recommend anyone to use onion oil for hair growth or reducing hair fall. According to my opinion, it is not suitable for regular use. Ayurveda has much better options for preventing hair fall: –
|Amla Yashtimadhu Oil (best oil)||Regular use, for hair fall, premature whitening of hair, vata and pitta type hair fall.|
|Anu Thailam (for nasal administration)||Regular use, premature whitening of hair, all types of hair fall.|
|Bhringraj oil and Maha Bhringraj Oil||Kapha type hair fall.|
|Malatyadi Tailam||Hair loss in patches due to alopecia (baldness) or scalp infection, dandruff.|
|Brahmi oil||Hair fall linked with stress disorders.|