Pilex ointment is an ayurvedic proprietary medicine manufactured by The Himalaya Drug Company. It is commonly used in combination with Pilex Tablets in hemorrhoids and fissure.
Pilex ointment application reduces burning sensation during bowel movement, itching, discomfort and pain, which occur due to either fissure or hemorrhoids. It also helps reducing the size of hemorrhoid mass.
|Lajjalu – (Lajwanti Sensitive Plant) – Mimosa Pudica||5%|
|Bhringraj (Eclipta Alba)||3%|
|Nirgundi – Vitex Negundo||3%|
|Zergul (Marigold) – Calendula officinalis||2%|
|Karpura (camphor) – Cinnamomum Camphora||1.23%|
- Wound healing
- Anti- hemorrhoidal (shrinks hemorrhoid mass)
Pilex ointment is helpful in following health conditions.
- Feeling of discomfort or pain at the excretory opening
- Pregnancy induced hemorrhoids
Benefits & Uses
Pilex ointment is promising remedy for fissures. It reduces associated pain that occurs during bowel movement. It should be applied before and after bowel movement for best results. Furthermore, Ointment has soothing action and it heals cuts or fissures and itching, which are main concerns of fissure.
Promotes smooth bowel movement
Constipation with hard and dry stool is the main cause of fissure. Using Pilex ointment before bowel movement provides soothing action to the mucosal wall, which helps easier evacuation of feces.
Caution & Side Effects
Pilex ointment is LIKELY SAFE and there are no side effects observed with the use of Pilex Ointment.
Direction of Use
Pilex ointment comes with an applicator.
- Wash the applicator properly before using it.
- Apply the Pilex ointment before and after bowel movement with the help of the applicator.
- Wash the applicator with warm water using soap to keep it hygienic and reusable.