Questions & Answers about Chyawanprash
1. What is chyawanprash?
Chyawanprash is an ayurvedic health supplement that helps you to keep healthy for a whole life. It is formulated with various herbal ingredients and the main ingredient is Amla (Indian Gooseberry/emblica officinalis).
Chyawanprash has rejuvenation effects and potent antioxidant characteristics, which delay aging, improves immunity, and resists recurrent diseases such as upper respiratory infections, common cold, various types of infections, mental stress and prevents all other diseases.
2. What are top five benefits of chyawanprash?
- Immunity booster & a potent antioxidant
- Improves brain functions
- Fights off respiratory infections
- Prevents and delay signs of aging
- Keep your heart healthy and free from coronary artery disease
3. What are chyawanprash brands?
There are many companies selling chyawanprash. Some of them are:
- Baidyanath Chyawanprash Special (Nutritive Tonic)
- Baidyanath Junior Chyawanprash (Energy booster)
- Baidyanath Kesari Kalp
- Baba Ramdev Patanjali Special Chyawanprash With Saffron
- Dabur Chyawanprash
- Dabur Orange Flavour Chyawanprash
- Dabur Chyawanprash Sugar Free
- Himalaya Chyavanaprasha
- Organic India Chyawanprash
- Zandu Sona Chandi Chyawanprash
- Zandu Kesari Jivan
- Zandu Kesari Jivan Saffron Enriched Revitalizer
4. What is the right time to eat chyawanprash?
In early morning before sunrise is the best time to take chyawanprash. You should eat chyawanprash on empty stomach.
However, chyawanprash can be taken anytime in day.
5. What is the right dosage of the chyawanprash?
Dosage depends on person’s digestive capability, but nowadays, a perfect dosage is 10 to 20 grams a day.
6. Does chyawanprash increase immunity?
Yes, chyawanprash is immunity booster and a good health supplement. You may not need any other supplement if you are using chyawanprash for immunity purposes. It contains potent immunity modulator herbs including amla (Indian gooseberry).
7. Does chyawanprash really work?
Yes, chyawanprash is time tested health supplement. It works well as a preventive medicines to preclude many infections.
8. Does chyawanprash increase height?
The herbs in the chyawanprash can help to increase the height, but you also need other ayurvedic supplement or herbs to boost its action.
9. Does chyawanprash contain steroids?
No, chyawanprash is an herbal formulation. It does not contain any type of steroid.
10. Does chyawanprash cause weight gain?
Chyawanprash itself does not cause weight gain. However, it can help you to keep your body weight in balance. If you are underweight, it may help you to gain weight and if you are overweight, it may help to lose your weight and strengthen bones.
This action of chyawanprash is due to its action to improve body metabolism. If your metabolism is correct, you can easily loss your weight by cutting off some calories and you can gain weight by adding some additional calories.
11. Does chyawanprash help weight loss?
Chyawanprash improves metabolism in the body. A proper metabolism can help to burn fats.
12. Does chyawanprash contain ashwagandha?
The normal composition does not contain ashwagandha, but some companies add it in place of ashtakavarga alternative. You should check the label of chyawanprash for withania somnifera or ashwagandha. ashtakavarga herbs are very rare and may not be available everywhere, so in place of some herbs ashwagandha and shatavari are used.
13. Does chyawanprash cause acne or pimples?
Chyawanprash does not cause pimples or acne. It is rich in Vitamin C content, so it is beneficial to prevent acne formation and removes the blockage of skin pores. Therefore, it can be used along with anti-acne medicines to get rid of acnes and pimples.
14. Does chyawanprash have an expiry date?
Yes, according to ayurvedic ancient texts, chyawanprash is a type of Aveleha. Each aveleha is expired after six months. Its effectiveness is reducing day by day after six months.
However, nowadays, companies add preservatives in chyawanprash, which increase their expiry to 3 years.
According to our experience, fresh chyawanprash has best results.
15. Does chyawanprash increase blood pressure?
No, chyawanprash does not cause an increase in blood pressure.
16. Does chyawanprash reduce blood pressure?
No, chyawanprash does not reduce blood pressure.
However, if you are suffering from high cholesterol levels in the blood and high blood pressure, chyawanprash can help to bring the blood pressure to normal, but you may need some dietary changes, exercises and other medications.
17. Does chyawanprash need to be refrigeration?
There is no need to refrigerate the chyawanprash.
18. Does chyawanprash contain lead?
Generally, a normal formulation does not contain lead, but some companies are adding lead to increase its potency and action for reproductive diseases. You must check the label of ingredients for confirming that your chyawanprash does not contain lead. Lead is called Naga, nag or Naga bhasma in ayurveda. Check for these words if they appear on label. Try to purchase normal chyawanprash with only herbal ingredients.
19. Does chyawanprash have fat?
There is very smallest amount of fat present in chyawanprash. 10 grams of chyawanprash contains 206 mg of Cow’s ghee (clarified butter) and 206 ml of sesame oil.
20. Does chyawanprash make you fat?
Chyawanprash does contain sugar. 10 grams of chyawanprash contains 5.8 grams of sugar. But it contains very negligible amount of fats. Therefore, chyawanprash may not make you fat, but sugar content of chywanprash may cause weight gain in very sensitive cases. Otherwise, we have never reported any patient complains about weight gain after using chyawanprash.
21. Does chyawanprash help people with oligospermia?
Yes, chyawanprash can help. It is very healthy ayurevdic recipe for males. It has cooling effects in the body. However, there is a myth that chywanprash is hot in potency, but is cool in ayurvedic properties because its main ingredient is amla or Indina gooseberry, which is known for its cooling activity in the body. Due to this effects, chywanprash works in heartburn, acidity and gastritis.
22. What does chyawanprash taste like?
It tastes sweet, slightly pungent and sour.
23. Is chyawanprash organic supplement?
Chyawanprash manufactured by many companies is not organic, but some companies may be selling organic chyawanprash.
24. Does chyawanprash contain sugar?
Yes, 10 grams of chyawanprash contains 5.8 grams of sugar. Sugar free chyawanprash is also available, which is manufactured by Dabur.
There may be slight variation in ingredients and amount of each ingredient used depending on brand. This information is valid for normal chyawanprash described in Charak Samita.