Shuddha Gandhak is processed purified Sulphur as per Ayurvedic Ras Shastra principles. The process is done to reduce side effects, toxicity and after effects of pure sulphur in the human body.
Shuddha Gandhak means it is detoxified to remove toxicity, make it consumable for human beings, and remove impurities in the eatable sulphur. Shuddha Gandhak is very useful in all types of skin diseases.
Ashuddha (unprocessed) Gandhak Side Effects
Ashuddha (unprocessed) Gandhak can have following side effects in the body.
- Burning Sensation In The Body
- Skin Diseases
- PITTA ROGA – Diseases Related To Heat
- Strength Loss
How to Obtain Shuddha Gandhak
- Gandhak (Sulphur)
- Two Iron Vessels
- Cow’s Ghee
- Cow’s Milk
Method of Purifying/Detoxifying The Gandhak
- Take iron vessel and cow’s Ghee (Clarified Butter).
- Heat the iron vessel and melt the Ghee.
- Now, take Gandhak (Sulphur) and grind it.
- Put the ground Gandhak (Sulphur) in to the Ghee in iron vessel. Simmer the mixture until Gandhak (Sulphur) gets melted.
- When Gandhak (Sulphur) is melted, then instantly pour the mixture into Cow’s Milk.
- Repeat this process at least 3 times.