Spearmint is a pleasant aromatic herb containing various vitamins, anti-oxidants and phyto-nutrients. The best thing about this herb is that it contains zero cholesterol and low calories. It is used to deal with various digestive problems, reduces the growth of unwanted hair due to anti-androgenic properties, refreshes the whole body and these properties make it quite popular as a beverage.
Spearmint tea is CAFFEINE FREE and tastes delicious when served hot. Some people like to enjoy it cold too. This wonderful tea is very easy to make, so let me tell you the best method to prepare spearmint tea at your home.
How to Make Spearmint Tea
|Fresh Spearmint Leaves *||A handful|
|Sweet Cream, Honey, Sugar and Milk||if required|
* You can also use dried leaves of spearmint. In this case, you should take 1 tsp. dried leaves.
- A saucepan
- A mug or container to store tea
- A sieve
Always opt for fresh spearmint tea because fresher the leaves are, more flavor will be imparted to the tea. However, if fresh leaves are not available then you can make your tea with the help of one teaspoon of dried, ground spearmint leaves.
- Take a handful amount of fresh spearmint leaves from your garden.
- Rinse these leaves properly to remove the dust particles.
- Pour about ¼ pints of water into a large saucepan.
- Add clean spearmint leaves to the saucepan now.
- Turn on the burner and cook it slowly on very low heat, allowing the water to simmer.
- Let it took for 8-10 minutes and remove the saucepan from heat by turning the burner off. If you want the flavor stronger, then cook for more time.
- Take a sieve from your kitchen, as it will be used to catch the leaves.
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into a large mug or other such container and separate the leaves with the help of sieve.
- Throw away the used spearmint leaves.
- Let the tea cool a bit before serving.
- Stir well and take the delicious sip of this amazing nutritional herbal energy drink.
Most of the people drink it as it is, but you can customize it by adding extra flavoring like sugar, sweet cream, honey or milk.
Some people like drinking the tea with leaves inside the cup. If you are one of these people, then simply pour a cup of boiling water in your favorite teacup. Put fresh spearmint leaves along with sugar or honey to add. Keep on stirring it for two to three minutes and enjoy the refreshing taste of your homemade fresh spearmint tea to enjoy maximum health benefits.