Stanyajanana Rasayanam is used to increase breast milk production and treat STANYA DUSTI (DOOSHITA STANYA or vitiated milk). It also helps to prevent several diseases in breastfeeding babies and boosts their intelligence. It has galactagogue action, which helps to increases the breast milk supply. It also has detoxifying action on the milk, which improves the quality of the breast milk and enhances its digestibility for baby. In addition to these benefits, it also increases the immunity of both lactating mother and breastfeeding baby.
Table of Contents
- 1 Stanyajanana Rasayanam Ingredients
- 2 Pharmacological Actions
- 3 Therapeutic Indications
- 4 Stanyajanana Rasayanam Uses & Benefits
- 5 Stanyajanana Rasayanam Dosage
- 6 Safety Profile
- 7 FAQs
Stanyajanana Rasayanam Ingredients
- Shali (Asian Rice) – Oryza Sativa
- Kushta or Kuth (Indian Costus Root) – Saussurea Lappa
- Kasha – Saccharum Spontaneum
- Shashtika Rice
- Gundra (Nagarmotha) – Cyperus rotundus
- Madhukapushpa (Mahua) – Madhuca Longifolia
- Hima or Sariva (Indian Sarsaparilla) – Hemidesmus Indicus
- Jiraka or Jeera (Cumin Seeds) – Cuminum Cyminum
- Kustmbari or Dhania (Coriander) – Coriandrum Sativum
- Virana or Ushira or Khas (Vetiver) – Vetiveria Zizanioides
- Durva (Dhoob or Bermuda grass) – Cynodon Dactylon
- Ikshuvalika (Kokilaksha) – Asteracantha Longifolia roots
- Ikshu Mool (Sugarcane Plant Root) – Saccharum Officinarum
- Elkara – Oncidopsis Elkara
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Trijata (Dalchini – Cinnamon, Elachi – Green Cardamom, and Tejpata – Indian Bay Leaf)
- Dhatri (Amla or Indian Gooseberry) – Phyllanthus Emblica
- Krishna (Pippali or Long Pepper) – Piper Longum
- Padmaka – Prunus Cerasoides
- Ghee – Clarified Butter
- Sharkara – Sugar
Stanyajanana Rasayanam has following medicinal properties:
- Breast milk Detoxifying
Stanyajanana Rasayanam is helpful in following health conditions.
- Low breast milk supply
- STANYA DUSTI (DOOSHITA STANYA) – vitiated breast milk
Stanyajanana Rasayanam Uses & Benefits
There are main two indications for Stanyajanana Rasayanam.
- To improve breast milk production
- Detoxifying the breast milk
Low Breastmilk Supply
Low breast milk supply is a problem when breast milk production or its secretion is insufficient according to the appetite of the breastfeeding baby. However, it is a rare condition in the developed world, but it is a common condition in developing nations such as India, where women are not getting proper nutrition. Generally, low milk production is found in weak women. Stanyajanana Rasayanam has galactagogue action. It means it improves the production of the breast milk. It can be started after delivery if low milk supply and continued for 3 to 6 months.
STANYA DUSTI (DOOSHITA STANYA) – vitiated breast milk
STANYA DUSTI (DOOSHITA STANYA) is a condition known in ayurveda. In this condition, milk is vitiated. According to types of milk vitiation, the different signs appear in the milk and different symptoms appear in the baby. Regardless the type or symptoms, Stanyajanana Rasayanam can be used in all cases of STANYA DUSTI. It detoxifies the milk and improves its quality. It improves its digestibility for children and prevents many diseases occurring in childhood by boosting immunity of a breastfeeding baby.
Stanyajanana Rasayanam Dosage
|The general dosage of Stanyajanana Rasayana is as follows.|
|Lactating Mothers||5 to 15 grams|
|Doses: 2 Doses per day|
|Best Time to Take: 2 Hours after Meal|
|Adjuvant: Warm Milk for increasing milk production; Warm water for treating STANYA DUSTI for 7 to 10 days, then start it with warm milk for increasing milk production.|
Stanyajanana Rasayanam is considerably safe.
Side Effects of Stanyajanana Rasayanam
There are no side effects reported with Stanyajanana Rasayanam when used in recommended dosage.
There are no absolute contraindications for Stanyajanana Rasayanam.
Here are a few questions asked by lactating mothers:
How long should I take Stanyajanana Rasayanam?
Stanyajanana Rasayanam should be taken at least for 3 months after delivery.
Can I take it throughout the period of breastfeeding or should I stop it after some time?
Yes, you can continue to take Stanyajanana Rasayanam throughout the lactating period, but generally, it is not required after 6 months in most cases.
When can I start it after delivery?
You can start it anytime after delivery if you experience low breast milk supply.
Can I take it with other medicines?
Yes, but you should keep 3 hours gap between Stanyajanana Rasayana and other medicines, especially if you are taking allopathic medicines.