Zandu Pancharishta Benefits, Uses, Dosage & Side Effects

144

Zandu Pancharishta is an ayurvedic proprietary medicine manufactured by Zandu Pharmaceuticals Work Ltd. (Now acquired by EMAMI LIMITED). Due to TV commercial, it becomes a famous for digestive ailments. In this article, we will try to discuss and review all its ingredients, benefits, uses and side effects in detail. I hope you will get benefits from this article before and after purchasing Zandu Pancharishta.

Zandu Pancharishta is digestive tonic and it may improve digestion and reduce digestive ailments. After reviewing its ingredients and user experience, we found it effective for acidity, gas, flatulence, and abdominal distension, heaviness in the abdomen, chronic constipation and abdominal pain (mild and chronic in nature).

Ingredients

100 ml contains following ingredients.

IngredientsQuantity
Dhania (Coriander)0.1 g
Haldi (Turmeric) -Curcuma longa0.1 g
Shati (Kapurkachari) – Hedychium spicatum0.1 g
Jeera (Cumin)0.1 g
Laung (Clove)0.1 g

Medicinal Properties

Zandu Pancharishta has following healing properties.

1. Antacid (due to shatavari, mulethi, coriander and cumin )
  2. Anti-inflammatory (Due to dashmool, Ashwagandha and others)
  3. Demulcent (due to licorice, asparagus, giloy, manjishta and dhania)
  4. Mild laxative (due to Raisins and aloe vera)
  5. Haematinic (increases hemoglobin levels) – due to Raisins, asparagus and ashwagandha
  6. Carminative and Antiflatulent (due to Dashmool, giloy and cumin)
  7. Digestive Stimulant (almost all herbs have this action)
  8. Antispasmodic
  9. Antioxidant (all herbs are antioxidants)
  10. Adaptogenic (all herbs are adaptogenic)
  11. Anti-stress (due to ashwagandha and mulethi)

Therapeutic Indications

Zandu Pancharishta is helpful in following diseases of digestive system.

• Acidity
  • Bloating
  • Loss of appetite
  • Indigestion
  • Gas or flatulence
  • Abdominal distension
  • Feeling of Heaviness in the abdomen
  • Constipation
  • Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) with constipation and linked with stress
  • Mild abdominal chronic pain

Medicinal Uses & Health Benefits

All ingredients in Zandu Pancharishta have effect on digestive system. Here are some key benefits for demonstrating the effects of each ingredient.

Key Benefits

1. Raisins and aloe vera reduces constipation.
  2. Dashmool, Giloy and Ashwagandha strengthens alimentary canal and helps maintaining optimum peristalsis movement. Therefore, these ingredients make it effective in chronic constipation.
  3. Triphala directly has mild laxative action, which plays a supportive role in management of constipation and other digestive ailments.
  4. Asparagus, licorice, Giloy, Coriander and cumin are good antacid, which gives relief from acidity, gastritis and heartburn.
  5. All other ingredients have supportive roles. They improve digestion and provide strength to digestive organs.

Acidity, Heartburn & Gastritis

As per above analysis of property and benefits of ingredients, Zandu Pancharishta is beneficial in moderating the secretion of acid in the stomach. Therefore, it reduces excess acid production, but keeps appetite at optimum level. Sometimes, hyperacidity can also result in loss of appetite and anorexia due to burning in the throat, chest and abdomen. Many patients have reported this. Pancharishta is also beneficial for these people. However, they may require praval pishti, mukta pishti and amla (Indian gooseberry) and mulethi powder in addition to this.

Gas, flatulence, Bloating, Abdominal distension or Feeling of Heaviness in the abdomen

Zandu Pancharishta contains ingredients, which have Antiflatulent and carminative effects. Ingredients like raisin, aloe vera, cumin, coriander, Trikatu, Manjistha, Ajmod, Shati, Jeera and Laung all are helpful for reducing intestinal gas, flatulence, bloating and abdominal heaviness.

Loss of appetite & Indigestion

Zandu Pancharishta increases appetite and helps in Indigestion. Some herbs in this formulation have appetizer characteristics and digestive stimulant properties.

Constipation

The main ingredients of Zandu Pancharishta are raisins and aloe Vera, which help in acute as well as in chronic constipation. Ashwagandha and shatavari provides strength to intestines and abdominal muscles, which helps moving the foods. Dashmool, Giloy and mulethi improve peristalsis movement. Some herbs in Pancharishta improve liver functions, which helps in a proper flow of bile into intestines, which also improves peristalsis. All these things help person getting rid of all types of constipation.

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) with constipation and linked with stress

However, Zandu Pancharishta may not be beneficial for people with IBS in which diarrhea or loose stool is a big trouble, but it is effective for people who suffer from IBS with constipation as predominant symptom. All herbs in Pancharishta reduce bloating and constipation. Stress is also another precipitating factor for irritable bowel syndrome. Ashwangandha and licorice helps fighting off this factor too. Therefore, Pancharishta will also be effective for stress linked IBS.

Mild abdominal chronic pain

Dashmool and cumin have carminative and antispasmodic action, which helps in mild abdominal chronic pain. The main characteristic of this pain is constant dull ache in the abdomen. It may also be associated with abdominal heaviness and gas. In all these, Zandu Pancharishta helps.

Dosage & Administration

It may not be suitable for infants and children under the age of 5 years. The following dosage table may help you for better interpretation of the appropriate dosage.

The general dosage of Pancharishta is as follows.
InfantsNOT RECOMMENDED
Children (6 to 10 years)2.5 to 5 ml (1/2 to 1 tsp.) *
Children (Above 10 years)5 to 10 ml (1 to 2 tsp.) *
Adults30 ml (6 teaspoons  or 2 tablespoons) *
PregnancyNOT RECOMMENDED
Geriatric (Old age)15 ml (3 tsp.) *
Maximum Possible Dosage60 ml per day (in divided doses)
* Twice Daily with Equal Amount of Water

The dosage of Zandu Pancharishta is 6 teaspoons (30 ml) for adults. It should be mixed with equal amount of water (30 ml) and should be taken immediately after meal. The maximum dosage of Pancharishta should not exceed from 60 ml a day.

How to Take Pancharishta

Adult dosage of Pancharishta is 6 tsp. (30 ml). Mix 6 teaspoons of Pancharishta in equal amount of water (i.e. also 6 tsp.) and take it immediately after meal.

Recommended Treatment Duration

The recommended treatment duration with Pancharishta ranges from a minimum of 1 month to a maximum of 6 months.

The maximum treatment duration can vary according to health condition. Some may require taking it for 6 months. Generally, everyone gets relief from the digestive ailments within 3 months with Pancharishta, but if you do not get relief within 3 months, you should consult with physician.

Packaging available

• 200 ml
  • 450 ml
  • 650 ml

Caution & Side Effects

Zandu Pancharishta may be safe for most people. There is no herb in this, which has severe side effects. However, diabetic patients should not consume it. It may result in rise in blood sugar level.

Side Effects

1. Fluctuation in blood sugar level in diabetic people
  2. Gastric irritation due to fermented content (rare)
  3. Burning sensation in throat (if taken without diluting it with water)

Contraindications

Diabetes & its complications

Pancharishta can increase blood sugar level due to its sugar content and raisins. Fermented medicines and medicines with alcoholic content are also contraindicated in diabetes because they can cause fluctuation in blood sugar level.

Mouth Ulcer

However, Pancharishta has some cooling herbs, which means it can also provide relief in mouth ulcer and acidity. Due to fermentation process and alcoholic content, the anti-ulcer effects are reduced at a greater extent. Therefore, if one has history of mouth ulcers, it may increase tendency of recurrence of mouth ulcer. However, it may occur rarely, but one should be aware of this effect.

Further Readings

You might also like

144 Comments

1. Chez says

Can you give recommendations, contraindications and side effects that one should be aware of

2. Pradip Kumar Bose says

A month back, I was operated for enlarged prostrate (4th June, 2015). Subsequently, the Creatinine and Urea levels have to remain normal i.e. 0.67 to 1.17 mg/dL for creatinine and 17.00 to 43.00 mg/dL). I also have this burping problem and when this happens, I feel fatigued. After burping things, become normal. Excess gas is also there. This problem becomes o.k. after I used Zandu Pancharishta.

My question: Does using Zandu will have any effect on the Creatinine & urea levels?
    Please clarify. (I hope Pancharishta does not have any metallic content).
    Thanks and regards
    P. K. Bose. (age. 65 years)

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

1. According to the ingredients written on Zandu Pancharishta bottle, it does not contain any heavy metal content. So, it may not be responsible for any renal injury.

2. I also hope that Zandu Pancharishta may not cause this as most of its ingredients we are using in our Indian kitchen every day. It does not contain even any poisonous herb. According to me, some of its ingredients help improving kidney functions. These herbs include raisins, dashmool, triphala, Giloy, dhania, jeera, etc.

3. Some allopathic medicines are also responsible for damaging kidneys. For example, these may include antibiotics such as streptomycin, gentamicin, painkillers such as ibuprofen (commonly used), naproxen (used for headache or migraine), antihypertensive drugs such as ACE inhibitors, chemical dyes used during radiographic tests and many more. The role of these medicines should also be ruled out.

1. Sushmin Shrestha says

Can the patient with high blood pressure and similarly with low blood pressure use pancharishta?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Yes, Pancharishta does not contain any ingredient, which can affect blood pressure negatively. However, some ingredients (Arjuna, Ashwagandha etc.) in Pancharishta strengthen the heart muscles and improve heart functions. People with hypertension or hypotension both can use Pancharishta safely.

3. BISWANATH PANJA says

I am taking Zandu Pancharishta for last three days. I use to take it twice after meal with same quantity of water. But I am suffering from throat & chest burn. Stool is not clear. Please advise me.

Ayurvedic Home Remedy for Heartburn & Burning in the Throat

Licorice (Mulethi) Powder = 1 gram
      Amal Powder = 1 gram
      Coriander seed powder = 1 gram
      Giloy Satva = 500 mg
      Nut grass (Mustak) powder = 250 mg

It is a single dosage and should be taken twice a day in between the meal or an hour after meal for 1 to 2 weeks.
      I hope this home remedy will help in this case.

4. Mubashar says

Does Zandu Pancharishta contain alcohol?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Yes, it contains self-generated alcohol, which may vary from 3% to 7%.

5. Satish says

Hi,

I feel a slight burning sensation in my left near heart. Sometimes, I feel afraid with that. However, I don’t have pain while walking and running.
    I had Gastric problem. But this pain near heart is making diffident.
    I saw adv in TV about ZANDU PANCHARISTA and I bought today. Will it help my problem?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

You should go for ECG for determination of any other cause, but It appears to be heartburn. Pancharishta can help with this problem, but you may require other remedies as well. Please read Medicinal Uses & Health Benefits -> Heading -> Acidity, Heartburn & Gastritis.

6. sandeep says

My age is 26. Shall I use this product? What are side effects, which I will get if I use this product?

7. Mubashar says

I am 45 year old and suffering from heart burn, feeling uneasiness in chest and feels food is coming back to mouth also I feel bloating in stomach. Please advice. I am taking Zandu Pancharishta twice a day after meal as recommended from last 7 days.

8. Debasish Halder says

Please tell me how to get it at Hyderabad..

9. Sanjay says

Hi, How long we can continue taking Zandu Pancharishta and read above the intake dosage to 30 ml but on the bottle its mentioned two full spoon with equal quantity of water. Please confirm what is the right dosage.

Thanks!!

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

1. You may require taking it as long as your digestive ailment continues. When you feel your natural digestive functions are restored, then you should stop it.

2. Actually, the dosage can vary according to the health conditions or Symptoms. The general dosage should be the same as you read on the bottle i.e. 10 ml. Here we are taking about the minimum and maximum possibilities of the therapeutic dosage, which can vary from 5 ml to 30 ml i.e. 1 tsp. to 6 tsp. However, your consulting doctor can decide better for the accurate dosage as per your health condition.

10. lokesh kumar says

Hello sir, I’m Lokesh and my weight is only 50 in 23 age, so that product are help me for gaining my weight.

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Pancharishta can help improve digestion and better digestion can help you getting optimum weight.

11. Anonym says

I am 25 yrs old boy, constantly suffering from heartburn & indigestion after eating even any light food. Please suggest me dosage of jhandu pancharist. Will this medicine also improve my skin?

12. parveen singh age 44 says

I’m suffering from gastric ulcer since last year. Can I use zandu pancharishta?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

I think it is not a good choice for gastric ulcer because it is fermented preparation. There are many better remedies available for gastric ulcer.

13. hitendra says

I want to gain weight. What should I do.

14. Pinky Patel says

My age is 26 years and unmarried, so can I take Zandu Pancharisht? I read all above comment written by men. Is it also good for ladies?

15. nirav says

Food is coming back to mouth and my digestion valve is weak, so should I take Zandu Pancharista?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Some ingredients present in Pancharishta work well in this type of condition, but I suggest to consult with local ayurvedic doctor. There are many other better options available for the treatment.

16. anil kumar says

My digestive system is weak and my weight is reduced. I have loss of appetite. Can you please help me to increase appetite?

17. sonu yadav says

Sir,
    i want to know that how long can take pancharishta is safe

18. A.patel says

I’m suffering from constipation since last 2 months. Whenever I tried to do it forcefully, greasy liquid come out through urine and sometime I do suffer from tragic gas, so feel chest pain and headache. I can’t sleep till late night due to this gas problem. (And since last 3 month I do take outside meal in lunch). Does Zandu Pancharishta is useful for this problem?

19. shiv chetry says

Hi Dr., I am suffering from bad breath. I have been using some allopathic mouthwash, but no result. One of my friend said, bad breath can happen due to liver or gastric problem. If so, can Zandu Pancharishta help me? I hate to take allopathic medicines, but if suggest I will jump. Please advice at the earliest.

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Pancharishta can help making your digestive system healthy. For bad breath, Arogyavardhini Vati is beneficial along with Pancharishta. Herbal tooth powder something like Vicco Vajradanti, etc. should also be used.

20. Awesh says

I have constipation problem.
    I have tried LACTIHEP syrup for constipation and the problem was solved, but after discontinuation of syrup, the problem arises again. I have to go to toilet for 4-5 times a day still my stomach remains tight and I feel unconscious and headache. I have brought Zandu Pancharishta hope it helps me for these serious problem. I too committed blood.

If any specialist doctor of stomach can reply, should reply me fast.

21. syed baba says

I’m suffering from indigestion even if I take very little amount of food and I’m getting fat. Tell me about this product – is it help full to increase my digestive system and make me slim and healthy. I also have constipation problem. Please help me in solving my problem.

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Pancharishta is useful in all symptoms and conditions that you have stated. It will help. Adding any liver syrup like Liv 52 DS may also be beneficial in addition to this.

22. tamio says

I am suffering abdominal pain left side when I have lunch. I feel too much heaviness in my abdomen.
    I have gas and bloating before lunch and dinner.
    I am 21 years old and feeling too much down. Can jhandu pancharist help me in this?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Pancharishta will helps in such case. It reduces gas, bloating, abdominal heaviness and mild abdominal pain.

23. ragho shah says

I am suffering for mouth ulcer. Can I use for Zandu Pancharishta?

24. gaurav verma says

I have some little problems in my stomach. Zandu Pancharishta is doing great work for me. But as I take it after meals, I feel sleepiness. I am an engineering student and require concentration. I want to ask why it is happening to me. Is there any solution for not feeling sleepy after taking Zandu Pancharishta?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Pancharishta contains some herbs like Ashwagandha, which relax the mind. Secondly, it also contains a small amount of self-generated alcohol, which may also cause sleepiness.

However, it may be very rare event because you are the first one who have complained and reported us this effect.

There may be the possibility that you are also taking heavy foods, junk foods or processed foods, which may be the actual cause for this.

The best remedy to avoid sleepiness, you should take abundant of antioxidant, vitamins, minerals and natural fiber from the foods. These things will make you more alert. For this, you should increase the intake of fruits and vegetables. Fruit juice will not be beneficial than fruits itself.

The first line measures should be the dietary changes. If you still having problem, then Shankhpushpi Syrup or Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri) Capsules should be beneficial for reducing sleepiness and increasing alertness and concentration.

25. Ashish says

Hello Sir,
    I am having right side mild stomach pain for last 4 month and now I feel burning sensation in throat and down to stomach. I am on medication. Can I take Zandu Pancharishta along with medicine for my problem? Also, how long do I need to take for complete cure?

26. SRINU says

Hi Sir,
    I’m 27 Male. I’ve been suffering from constipation for more than 7 years. I tried some stool softener syrups, green tea, Lemon tea, 1 Lit of water with empty stomach in the morning, but it’s not working for me. Later I saw Zandu Pancharishta add on TV. Sir, could you please guide me does the product work for me and is there any side effects.

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

I hope so pancharishta will help in constipation. You also require increase intake of fruits, raw vegetables and salad.

27. makwana viral says

Sir, I am losing my weight day to day. Please advice about take Zandu Pancharishta.

28. Shaik says

Does the Self Generated Alcohol present in Zandu Pancharishta prepared from grapes or wheat?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

The fermentation process of herbs and other ingredients produces a small quantity of alcohol. It is prepared neither from grapes nor from wheat, as in alcohol industry.

29. Aashish Bana says

Sir, I’m taking SEPTRON for my prostate infection, but I’m losing weight and getting weaker and weaker due to antibiotic. I’m having gas and acid problem, severe back pain and upper abdomen pain. I had CT abdomen, which is completely normal. So please tell me – will Zandu Pancharisht help me to improve my health? Will there be any side effect of zandu pancharist with SEPTRON?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

According to my opinion, you should not use Pancharishta with any kind of allopathic medicines especially with antibiotics. You should consult your doctor for this problem who has advised you the course of antibiotic. Antibiotic has a certain day course, so it will be better to start Pancharishta after the completion of antibiotic course.

30. Aashish Bana says

Firstly, thank you sir. Actually, I started it yesterday took 2 times, but there is severe pain in my gums and jaw after that, so I stopped it today.

Can I take Chandraprabha Vati with my medication? I heard its very beneficial in urinary tract infection and prostate problems. I’m 20 yr old medicine student (MBBS 2nd Prof.)

31. YOGESH says

Sir, I’m 23 yrs old. I have throat and chest burning problem since last 15 days. I’m taking LONGIFENE A SYRUP presently. Can I start zandu pancharist?

1. yogesh says

Thank you sir, but from where can I get these ingredient and mix them in what proportion.

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

These herbs will be available nearby ayurvedic stores or herbal stores. The proportion of mixing herbs is given in above remedy for a single dosage. You can multiply the dosage by 60 for a monthly requirement. Then divide the mixture into 60 sachets or PUDIA.

32. Vishal says

Hello Sir, I am suffering from severe acidity. I have been taking Pancharishta for the past 2 months and I think I’m getting better.
    1. Will I get complete relief from acidity if i continue Pancharishta?
    2. For how long can I use Pancharishta as a digestive tonic?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

1. If you are feeling better with Pancharishta, it will help you.
      2. There is no specific treatment duration fixed for Pancharishta, so it can be taken until you get a complete relief from the problem.

33. jas says

Hello Sir, I am suffering with loose motion since 2 months. After some days, I get relief from loose motions and then I suffer with abdominal gas. Again after some days, loose motions occur. Please tell me if Pancharishta will be effective in my case.

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

In such case, Lasunadi Vati will be beneficial than Zandu Pancharishta.

34. Abu hamdi says

Hi dr., before 2 years, I was suffering from the ulcer. Can I use Zandu Pancharishta now for indigestion and gastric problem?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

I hope it will be safe to use now. Yashtimadhu and Shatavari have antiulcerogenic activities, but its effects reduce in fermented liquids.

35. Basu says

Hi,

I am 31 years Old, Suffering from Chronic constipation from over 5 years, I hardly have proper bowel movements. Laxatives did show any improvement. Can Zandu Pancharishta cure my case?

Please advice.

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

I hope Pancharishta can help in such case. Additionally, Bhringrajasava can also help in chronic constipation by secreting bile into the intestine and stimulating intestinal movements.

36. Mursheed says

Sir,

I have been suffering from a very strange problem of digestion for the last 25 years or so. There is huge amount of gas build up below chest. The gas DOES NOT either pass as burping or fart. Because of this gas, whole night, I keep tossing from one side to another. This distension remains all the time. Whenever gas passes, I feel relaxed, but it’s very rare.
    The surprising thing is that I have no Acidity even then why so much gas and that too no passage of gas.

I have taken all the measures like salad, fruits, etc.

Is Pancharist going to help me in this case? Please advice.

37. Sunny says

Dear Sir,

I have problem of gas. 24 X 7, I burp that are too loud and strange. Whatever I eat, even when I don’t eat, I get severe acidity (gas). I had been diagnosed with GERD in Feb. Took medicines for almost 4-5 months. But the problem still persists. It is really causing trouble and I pray this to go away.
    Any chances with Zandu pancharisht
    Look forward to your advice.

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

I don’t think Pancharishta can benefit in such case alone. You also require other remedies. Some of them are licorice, Lasunadi vati, dhanjaya vati, Arogyavardhini vati etc. I suggest you to consult nearby ayurvedic doctor.

38. Amit says

Sir, I am 26 years old. I am getting burps from past 2 months, which are strange; I get these all the times and more after meals and diagnosed with GERD. Also, I feel heaviness in head.
    Could you please suggest any remedy, as I am taking allopathic medicine for two months without much effect?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Pancharishta may also help in such condition along with Drakshasava. The simple home remedy for burps is:
      1. Fennel Seeds (Saunf) = 60 grams
      2. Coriander Seeds or dried leaves powder = 40 grams
      3. Celery Seeds (Ajmoda) = 10 grams
      4. Dried Ginger (Sonth) = 5 grams
      Mix all ingredients in provided ratio and take 1/2 tsp. with water after meal twice daily.

39. pk says

Hi doc, I am 35, suffering from high BP from last 8 years. Now from last one year, I am facing problem of bloating and acidity. Can I try Zandu pancharisht along with my regular hypertension medication i.e. NEBIVOLOL 5mg

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Pancharishta has not reported any interaction with any antihypertensive drugs, but keeping 3 hours gap between these medicines will be best practice for precaution.

40. rakesh kumar says

I have been using Zandu Pancharishta since one and half month two times daily regularly. Yesterday I checked my blood sugar level, which was 102 in fasting and 167 after taking food of two hours. Dr. stated this is slightly up. Sir please tell me how much blood sugar increased after taking zandu pancharist regularly. I don’t have increase blood sugar level ever. How many days the blood sugar affected by zandu pancharist after leaving it because I wanted to recheck my blood sugar level.

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

The recommended dosage of Pancharishta contains less amount of sugar. According to clinical dietetics, one serving of foods that contains less than 15 grams sugar content are not likely to affect blood sugar level.
      According to this concept, Pancharishta may not affect your blood sugar level in the recommended dosage (10 ml or 2 tsp.).

41. kajal says

I am pregnant and suffering gas problems. Can I take zandhu pancharist?

42. Narinder says

Sir, I would like to know, can we use this 2 table spoon with water empty stomach.

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Can we take Pancharishta on empty stomach?

Pancharishta should not be taken on empty stomach because taking it on empty stomach or before meal may cause irritation in food pipe due to fermented content. It should be taken immediately after meal as per recommended dosage.

1. Narinder says

Thanks you very much sir :)

43. Rahul Das says

Sir, I am 20 years old. My stool is liquid since 3 years. I go to toilet at least 4-5 times per day. I have gas problem too. USG and Endoscopy has been done, but there is no problem. Can I try zandu pancharist?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

I don’t think Pancharishta would be helpful in your case. You may require other remedies and it will be better to consult any ayurvedic doctor near to your home for better treatment.

44. Ronny says

1. Can you please tell us diet with Pancharishta use for gastric problems?

2. What is the dosage of Pancharishta?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

1. Avoid all spicy foods, fried foods, and sour foods, heavy foods like meat, URAD DAL (Vigna mungo or black lentil), KULTHI DAL (Horse Gram), curd and alcohol.

2. For dosage details, Read Pancharishta Dosage Here

45. Munnakhan says

Does the Jhandu Pancharishta work for burning sensation while pee?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Burning sensation while pee may be likely to indicate about urinary problem or urinary tract infection. Pancharishta is not formulated for this purpose, so it is not suitable remedy for it.

46. sreeveda says

Sir, this sreeveda aged 31, I have been suffering with chronic constipation since 12 years age. I have 2-3 bowel movements per week at difficulty with hard passing tools. I am using ZANDU NITYAM, but it is becoming a habit. Kindly suggest how to get rid of this problem. Any treatment or medicine and my stomach bloat most of the times.

47. Tilak says

Can I take Zandu Pancharishta for gas and bloating? Hope it will not affect liver.

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Pancharishta is beneficial for bloating and gas. Pancharishta is likely to improve liver functions and reduces fatty liver. Therefore, it does not affect liver adversely.

48. Khageswar rout says

Does Pancharishta have any drug interaction with lycopene and paracetamol?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Drug interactions of Pancharishta with lycopene and paracetamol are not known. However, lycopene is derived from natural source, so it may not likely interact with Pancharishta.

For paracetamol, one should keep 3 hours gap for precautionary purposes.

49. shasank varati says

1. Can I take my probiotic and prebiotic along with jandu pancharista at the same time to improve my digestion?

2. Is it effective or is it waste of money?

3. How should I take it properly?

50. anasuya says

Sir, my son is 32 months old (2yrs 8months). He does not have free motion regularly. May he use Zandu Pancharishta?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Can we give Zandu Pancharishta to children under the age of 5 years?

Including more fruits, vegetables, and salad in diet is much beneficial before using any medicine. However, Zandu Pancharishta can be given in dosage of 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) to children between the ages of 2 and 5 when recommended by ayurvedic doctor.

51. shasank varati says

It caused type of loose motion to me. I’m a patient with IBS and it is triggering it. Should I discontinue using it? However, it is controlling my flatulence problem. What should I do sir?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

First, you need to stop it for a several days. Then you should start with a lower dosage of Pancharishta (1/2 tsp.). Then gradually increase the Pancharishta dosage to 2 tsp. This will be appropriate dosage of pancharishta for people with IBS.

52. prabhudatt says

Can we take this in normal conditions?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

All ingredients in Pancharishta are beneficial for keeping digestive system healthy, so it can be taken in normal conditions.

However, personally, we are not in favor of this because we believe that we should not use anything or any medicine until we actually need that.

53. sandip says

Does pancharishta help in gastric problems and headache?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Does Pancharishta help in gastric problems?
      Yes, Pancharishta will help in almost all types of gastric problems. It is beneficial in gastritis, heartburn, gas and abdominal distension.

Does Pancharishta help in headache?
      According to ayurveda, abdominal gas can also be responsible for headache. In such case, Pancharishta is helpful in treating headache. Headache may also have other causes, which are required to rule out. Other remedies may also require as per underlying cause of headache.

54. Prasanna Ranade says

Thanks Zandu Pancharishta
    I was suffering from IBS and Gas problem last year. I tried Zandu Pancharishta and in 3 days Gas trouble is completely ruled out
    One more digestion power is increased to markable range
    I am 100% satisfied with Zandu Pancharishta regarding Digestion and related queries
    Thanking you to all Zandu Pancharishta team

55. Tajinder Bhushan says

In the breakfast, can Pancharishta be taken with the coffee or tea?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Pancharishta should be taken after solid food. Taking it after coffee or tea is not advisable.

56. Sigaram Nitesh says

Is Pancharishta good for bloating that occurs after food?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Pancharishta is considerably effective for bloating and abdominal distension.

57. Rama krishna says

I am 50 yrs old and I am having gastritis problem since long time. Since 2 days, I am using Zandu Pancharishta of 30 ml quantity as prescribed on the leaflet for two times per day, but it seems my problem is aggravated. Please let me know weather I can continue this medicine or not?

58. Osman says

Can we take Zandu Pancharishta with enzymes?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

You should keep a gap of minimum 3 hours between Pancharishta and any allopathic medicine including Digestive Enzyme Syrup.

59. Mannu says

Is Pancharishta better for metallic or sour taste in mouth?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

There are better alternative remedies available for metallic and sour taste of mouth. In our opinion, Pancharishta may not be suitable for every patients suffering with sour mouth, ulcerated tongue, hyperacidity or gastritis.

60. shasank varati says

1. Can we take Pancharishta during common cold?

2. Can we take milk after Pancharishta?

1. Yes…

2. There should be gap of at least an hour between Milk and any Arishta or Asava preparation including Pancharishta.

61. Priya says

Sir, Can we consume Zandu Pancharishta during period time?

62. Abdul says

You said, this product contains self-generated alcohol what do you mean by this?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Arishta formulations are prepared using natural fermentation process. The mixture of decoction and herbs are kept for a month for natural fermentation, which naturally generate alcohol content. The alcohol content can vary from 5 to 10%.

63. SK says

Can I mix Zandu Pancharishta and Zandu Chandanasava to drink?

Can I mix any two Asava or any two Arishta or Asava and Arishta from same company or different company?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Yes, Pancharishta and Chandanasava can be mix before taking.

Yes, two Asavas or Arishta can be mixed before drinking.

64. Deodar says

Can we take it for Fistula-in-Ano?

65. Nihar says

I want to know what can be taken with pancharisht for diabetic patients?

66. sagar says

Can I take zandu pancharishta for sour throat?

67. md jamil says

Awesome zandu pancharishta. thanks.

68. SPattnaik says

Good Articles and New information.

69. Aanchal Saxena says

Kindly suggest something for diabetic patients.

70. Satwant says

I’m having blood clotting problem and I take Pradaxa (dabigatran). Can I take Zandu Pancharishta?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

The interactions between Zandu Pancharishta and dabigatran are unknown. Keep three hours gap between Zandu Pancharishta and other allopathic medicines.

71. Ranjan Sahi says

I had undergone operation for removal of oesophagus due to cancer in 2012. Some portion of the stomach has also been cut. Since then I m leading a normal life. All my reports are normal. However many a time I get indigestion associated with bloating quickly which continues for many days despite taking light food & Digene. Also if I eat oily food , non home cooked food or little overeating result in loose motion which continues for a month or so. Somehow loose motion has been controlled by homeopathy medicine for 3-4 months. I also had treatment for ulcers in stomach 2 years back.
    Considering all above do you recommend me to take Zandu Pancharisht .

72. Prashant Sammeta says

1. Will I have any problem/side effects if I take Pancharishta in afternoon and sometimes alcohol in the evening?

2. Is it ok to take Pancharishta after non-veg/biryani?

3. Can I take Pancharishta with milk?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

1. Ayurveda does not recommend taking alcohol with any Asava or Arishta preparations.

2. However, there is no such restriction unless you good digestion. Ayurveda restricts jaggery, garam masala and oily, fried, stale food with Asava and Arishta preparations.

3. No, Pancharishta should not be taken with milk.

2. kasigan says

Where can I purchase this product in South Africa? Please I want to try this as I am suffering with constipation.

1. KASIGAN says

WHERE CAN I PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT IN SOUTH AFRICA

73. Avishek says

I’m 33 years old male and I had been suffering from loose motion for over 3 months in between i was under allopathy medicine for 20 days and my loose motion did got stopped but as soon as I stopped taking those medicine my loose motion has started again(as my prescrib doze of medicine was over).. what should I do doctor plz help me out..

74. Avishek says

Will zandu pancharishta stopped my loose motion?