Clarina (Anti-acne Cream by Himalaya)

Clarina (Anti-acne Cream) is an ayurvedic proprietary medicine and phyto-pharmaceutical formulation used topically for acne treatment.

Clarina cream reduces local inflammation and redness due to acne or pimples. It also reduces burning sensation and itching due to its cooling, emollient and soothing characteristics.

Ingredients (Composition)

Clarina cream contains following ingredients.

Ingredients1 Gram Clarina Cream Contains
Extracts
Ghritkumari (Aloe Barbadensis or Aloe Vera)200 mg
Vatada (Badama) – Prunus Amygdalus10 mg
Matsyakshi – Alternanthera sessilis10 mg
Manjishtha – Rubia Cordifolia5 mg
Powders
Tankan (Borax)12.5 mg
Yashad Bhasma12.5 mg
BaseQ.S. 750 mg

Medicinal Properties

Clarina cream has following healing properties:

1. Antimicrobial
  2. Anti-inflammatory
  3. Promotes Wound healing
  4. Antioxidant
  5. Astringent
  6. Emollient
  7. Soothing for skin

Indications

1. Acne Vulgaris
  2. Acne Rosacea
  3. Whiteheads
  4. Blackheads

Directions for Use

Wash the face and cleanse it with cotton cloth. Apply Clarina anti-acne cream on acne lesion. Use Clarina cream until the acne or lesion heals completely.

Side Effects

Clarina anti-acne cream is LIKELY SAFE in most individual. There is no adverse effect reported with the continuous use of Clarina cream.

19 Comments
  1. steff says

I have black mark on my face. It is because of my acne and pimples. Will Clarina cream clean up all my mark?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Clarina Cream may help fading these marks.

1. jamsheer shayZ says

is this useful to reduce pimble marks and whitening skin

2. ch srinu says

I purchased this CLARINA ANTI-ACNE CREAM. 3 days using it is not work. Now my pimples are more than before. I’m confused. What happens, the reason?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

The reason was that it might not be suitable on your skin. We observed that it is effective for people with whiteheads. It contains Tankan Bhasma, which is hot and dry. It may increase irritation in red bumps. If you have red bumps, then it may not be suitable.

3. avneesh says

Which is more important than the Himalaya Clarina or acne and pimple cream?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Foods with low glycemic index, fruits, vegetables, salad, etc. are beneficial for acne and most important thing to manage acne. Avoid junk food, eat balanced diet, and do not use any chemical on face.

4. Angie says

I’m using Clarina Anti acne gel at the same time Bleminor blemish free for almost 4 days now but I notice my acne or dark spot on my face are not faded. I feel itching and like too much dry on my face. I was scared and confused what will happen please advise me. Thank you.

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

If happens this, then you need to stop it and consult your physician. For dark spots and blemishes, internal medication is more important than any local application in ayurveda.

5. Archi says

I have pimples on the corner of lips it too strong & have black dot types on that pimple. Will it recover by using Clarina anti-acne cream?

6. shruty says

Can Shatavari tablets help to treat my hormonal acne?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Shatavari (Asparagus) helps to balance the hormones levels. According to Ayurveda, Shatavari can help in acne with Pitta condition. Some symptoms like tenderness, redness and burning pain or sensation indicate Pitta condition.

7. Rudrani Ghosh says

I tried the Himalaya anti acne kit, but it increased the redness on my face. Is it normal?
    Well, the pimples disappeared, but I have this red patch on my cheek now! What should I do?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Red patches will also disappear within a week. If these persist, then you can apply coconut oil, which also reduce red patches. If these patches persist more than 2 weeks, then you should consult local ayurveda doctor.

8. satyam gurjar says

How many times in a day should it be used?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Clarina cream can be applied two times a day.

9. akshay says

Anti acne cream can remove the pimples with black spots?

1. Dr. Jagdev Singh says

Yes, Clarina anti acne cream is helpful for pimples. Its ingredients especially Aloe Vera and Manjistha are useful in black spots too

10. Worried questioner says

I have an acne prone skin and 5 days before my dermatologist suggested me to use Nax gel and Ahaglow face wash but theres no effect till now on my skin so can I use Himalaya clarina in place of Nax gel??
    Will it be helpful???